Android Mobile - Android Auto

proeland

No, it's part of the android app, although we should update the page to mention it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 8:10 AM, schmitty said:

What about Apple CarPlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple CarPlay support will be coming in the next update to the Emby iOS app !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
CloudWing93

This feature is awesome. I use it most days. The biggest downside is you have to drill all the way down to a single song and there is no way to shuffle. Can we get some way to shuffle or start a mix from the album/artist level? This makes it kinda problematic while trying to drive as it can be a bit distracting. 

Edited by CloudWing93

1 minute ago, CloudWing93 said:

This feature is awesome. I use it most days. The biggest downside is you have to drill all the way down to a single song and there is no way to shuffle. Can we get some way to shuffle or start a mix from the album/artist level?

H, yes this will be improved in the next update to the app. Thanks !

• Like 2

ghostquito
On 10/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, Luke said:

H, yes this will be improved in the next update to the app. Thanks !

Favorites would also be a HUGE help in finding albums and songs I'm currently listening too. ohh and if you could favorite the track playing from android auto, omg that would be awesome.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:10 AM, schmitty said:

What about Apple CarPlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been released today as part of Emby for iOS 1.9.9. Stay tuned to the blog this week for the release announcement. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Can I add two requests here:

1. Search by letter function (A, B C) Currently when selecting "Music" users get their whole library. This is very difficult to navigate, especially while driving!  Bizarrely, this function already exists for playlists. When you pull one up in Android Auto that has a lot of tracks, you do get a "Search by letter" function at the top. Why does this not exist for the library as a whole?

2. The option to restrict the library to only those artists that have tracks downloaded  This would solve streaming problems and make it easier to navigate the library because it would be a smaller selection of artists. 

Currently using Embly Server 4.5 and Android Auto 6.0.6153334 and Emby for Android 3.1.73. 

Thank you!