Lock Users Out Of Changing Settings

Scott310

Scott310

I know that to some people this may seem silly but to those who have family members that are either elderly or don't understand technology this would be a godsend.

I don't know what they keep doing but my parents will constantly accidentally log themselves out of the roku app.  Then I spend an hour on the phone with them trying to walk them through getting logged in either with emby connect or having them manually enter the IP address.

I would love it if there was a way I could get them logged in and make it impossible for them to log out or change any settings.

seems like a long shot to ask for but just thought I would throw it out there!

• Like 3

RobWayBro

FWIW, I believe pressing the back arrow button on the Roku will eventually present them with a screen to Log out of Emby.  Maybe let them know to just press the Home button when they are finished with Emby?

thekingswolf

I know that to some people this may seem silly but to those who have family members that are either elderly or don't understand technology this would be a godsend.

I don't know what they keep doing but my parents will constantly accidentally log themselves out of the roku app.  Then I spend an hour on the phone with them trying to walk them through getting logged in either with emby connect or having them manually enter the IP address.

I would love it if there was a way I could get them logged in and make it impossible for them to log out or change any settings.

seems like a long shot to ask for but just thought I would throw it out there!

I feel your pain.  

Guest asrequested

You know what might be a cool idea? If the remote API would let the admin log a user in. All the devices get registered, why not provide an option for us to control the login, remotely? Seems like a natural extension of what's already available.

• Like 1

Scott310

FWIW, I believe pressing the back arrow button on the Roku will eventually present them with a screen to Log out of Emby.  Maybe let them know to just press the Home button when they are finished with Emby?

That idea sounds great on paper but who knows what they are doing to log themselves out.  lol.

Guest asrequested

That idea sounds great on paper but who knows what they are doing to log themselves out. lol.

But that will be moot, because we can then log them in, easily.

That will not log them out of Connect.

If they are getting disconnected in Connect, either they are actively selecting the button that says "Logout" or your server's Connect information is changing which requires them to be re-linked.

Scott310

That will not log them out of Connect.

If they are getting disconnected in Connect, either they are actively selecting the button that says "Logout" or your server's Connect information is changing which requires them to be re-linked.

Yeah I'm aware of that. It could even be like my internet went down temporarily and then they mess with stuff trying to get logged in.  Who knows. lol  It would be great if there were some way to manage it remotely but that might be a long shot if they are not connected.  I have remote access to almost every device in their house except emby because it on a roku. :(

• 2 years later...