Skip Fwd controlling external player and MBC at the same time

AdrianW
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

AdrianW

In the MBC when at the details page of a movie, the skip forward and backward buttons move through the collection of movies one at a time (same for episodes of a TV show).

I have MPC-HC setup as an external player - if I'm playing a movie and use the skip button a couple of times (on my remote), when I exit back to MBC I've been moved the same number of times through my collection. 

I've tried this with both Chocolate and Square with the same results.

I've been away without power all weekend.

If it is consistent between themes it may be tough to deal with...

AdrianW

Soultaker is also going somewhere without power - anyone would think you guys hate technology  ;)

AdrianW

@@ebr - Next / Previous chapter (page up / page down) provides the "next / previous episode" functionality - would it be possible to disable skip forward/backward (Ctrl-F and Ctrl-B) from doing this. That would remove the conflict with external players (MPC-HC at least).

Maybe, but I hate to change something that a lot of people may be depending on.

I did look into this and the issue is that WMC believes itself to be the media player when it is running so it is processing these commands whether it is foreground or not (which is what you would want if it were playing your media).

AdrianW

I just checked what keys moved between episodes on MB2 and skip fwd/skip back don't perform any navigation in the UI (at least in any of Throg's themes or in the Default MB2 theme).

Were skip fwd/skip back added as new navigation keys in MBC? I wonder if any users even know about those keys?  I've always used Channel Up / Down as they're what were used in MB2.

If it can't be fixed, I think I'll have to use the WMC player instead of MPC-HC. I really wanted to use MPC-HC for it's refresh rate changing functionality and MadVR.

• Solution

It may have been a feature of Chocolate which has become the default.

I can try removing it and see if anyone yells...

• Like 1

AdrianW

I can try removing it and see if anyone yells...

That would be great! Thanks.

Hopefully this one change will go unnoticed. :P

AdrianW

I just updated Chocolate and it's working much better now - no more ending up at some random episode or random movie after using skip a few times.

Thanks @@ebr

:wub: