Apple TV My Media Layout

MilanV

MilanV

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a way to customize the display of the "My Media" buttons on Apple TV as you are able to do in IOS.
When I am changing the display to "My Media (small)", via the Server local host settings it is not changing it on Apple TV.

I am still seeing the Big "Movie, TV Shows" and "Collections" buttons, instead of the "small icon based ones. 

Also will you be including Themes for Apple TV as you have on the IOS application?

I find the IOS application which I am running on my Ipad pro visually more appealing.

Edited by MilanV

corey

Hi,

I am wondering whether there is a way to customize the display of the "My Media" buttons on Apple TV as you are able to do in IOS.

When I am changing the display to "My Media (small)", via the Server local host settings it is not changing it on Apple TV.

I am still seeing the Big "Movie, TV Shows" and "Collections" buttons, instead of the "small icon based ones.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added it to our internal tracking system as an enhancement for consideration.

Also will you be including Themes for Apple TV as you have on the IOS application?

I defer to @@ebr but we most likely will not be including theme support in Apple TV. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, Apple provides a light and dark theme at the system level that the application is integrated with. Second, this integration allows the application to be consistent with others on the platform and better align with that experience.

• 6 months later...

Also one bug I mentioned earlier:

The Title does a line-break way to early (about half the screen). Please use the full property and not two hafl filled line for the title.

The Crew and Cast info only shows the Actors picture, but the Name is off-screen,  If oyu fix the title layout above, you have place to also display the Actor names whithout having to scroll down.

Many thanks

Also one bug I mentioned earlier:

The Title does a line-break way to early (about half the screen). Please use the full property and not two hafl filled line for the title.

The Crew and Cast info only shows the Actors picture, but the Name is off-screen,  If oyu fix the title layout above, you have place to also display the Actor names whithout having to scroll down.

Many thanks

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Can you show screenshots to demonstrate this? Thanks !

Attached a dummy to show:  

- Title cut midway into two lines,

- Picture of Super Mario onscreen but no name.

- Name only visible when scrolling down.

post-378073-0-88773800-1543914796_thumb.jpg

post-378073-0-33538700-1543914806_thumb.jpg

Hi.  We are using a standard Apple template here and that is how it is designed.  It does look a lot better with more information though :).

The screen is designed to display items with much richer metadata than your examples.  When you have that, then the display does make more sense:

57016c7c2a846_Moviedetail3.png