Single Sign-In and refresh rate adaption not working

neik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

neik

Hi guys,

I want to move over to the official Emby App for FTV and drop Emby for Kodi but before I do that I am checking out the App how it works.

Till now I am having these two issues:

1. Unlike Kodi the Emby App does not adapt the refresh rate of the file (1080p24) and stays always at 1080p60 instead.

2. Every time I start the App I have to enter my username + password although in the settings the automatic login is chosen.

The version of the App is 1.5.88a and the server is on 3.4.1.8 beta

If there is something you need, just let me know!

Thanks!

€dit: One more thing: Is there an option to choose a language as default playback language? Couldn't find that in the settings...

Edited by neik

• Solution

1.  Most Fire TVs don't support this.  The version of Android they run is too old.  The only possible exception would be the Gen 3 stick but we're not sure it fully implements it either.

2. It sounds like maybe incorrect information is saved.  Try setting the option to show the login screen.  Then login to whom you wish then set it back to login as that user.

3. You can do this in the user settings on the web app.

Thanks.

• Like 1

neik

Thanks for your reply!

1. Ok, I understand this might be a limitation of Android but how did Kodi do it? It switched to every sample rate I threw at it (1080p24, 1080p50, 1080p60) without any issues.

2.&3. Thanks, that helped!

• Like 1

Kodi is not a true "Android" app.  it is written at a lower level and ported over to the platform (because the base of Android is actually Linux).  Therefore, it is not restricted to what Android provides.

maegibbons

Kodi is not a true "Android" app.  it is written at a lower level and ported over to the platform (because the base of Android is actually Linux).  Therefore, it is not restricted to what Android provides.

@@ebr

You do realise that this begs the question of why dont you write a "lower level" app and avoid "android" restrictions?

Obviously, we know that the main issue would be the huge human resource and cost in doing it!!

Krs

Mark

neik

@@ebr, thanks for your feedback, I didn't know that but nevertheless @@maegibbons does have a good point over here.

I mean for me this isn't a big issue but it would be nice having the files being displayed at the frame rate they were recorded.