Autorun Emby WMC at boot after Win 10 update

sleepy

sleepy

Since the big spring update to Windows 10 I can't get Emby for WMC to automatically run at boot up. I had it working perfectly pre update.

Any ideas peeps?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

If putting the shortcut in your startup folder doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas.

Remember that wmc for windows 10 is not supported by Microsoft so it is bound to have various quirks such as this.

sleepy

If putting the shortcut in your startup folder doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't have any ideas.

That's my problem, I can't find the shortcut to place into the Startup Folder?

Edited by sleepy

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Media Center for windows 10 is not officially supported by Microsoft. I'm not sure.

@@Teddy might have some tips. Thanks.

Teddy

I have had many problems in the past trying to use Win10 with WMC and I still have Windows 7.

My advice is that if you want to use WMC then go back to Windows 7 and you will not have any problem.

dansblackcat

I have had many problems in the past trying to use Win10 with WMC and I still have Windows 7.

My advice is that if you want to use WMC then go back to Windows 7 and you will not have any problem.

I agree.

I tried badly to get W10 to work and when I did it was never for long.

dansblackcat

If you run the EMC installer again will it put an icon on the desktop?  I think from memory it used to?

I could be wrong.

sleepy

To be fair, Emby for WMC has been working brilliantly on Windows 10 up until the April Update. I tried installing the WMC app again to see it reappears but no joy. It's obviously there because I can find it if I open Windows Media Centre.

d00zah

You can try making your own shortcut? Mine shows the target as:

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}

& 'start in':

C:\Windows\eHome\

Note this is from WMC7.

• Like 1

sleepy

Cheers d00zah, I doubt that is the same for WMC 10 but you have given me an idea of how to find my entry point!

d00zah

Kinda what I was going for. Assuming Win10 uses the same registry structure (no direct experience), the referenced keys are defined in this section, et al:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Applications\{ce32c570-4bec-4aeb-ad1d-cf47b91de0b2}]
"Title"=hex(2):65,00,6d,00,62,00,79,00,00,00
"CompanyName"=hex(2):65,00,6d,00,62,00,79,00,20,00,6d,00,65,00,64,00,69,00,61,\

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Categories\Custom Start Menu\Media Browser\{ea3e4355-c460-41b1-9530-983062bc3393}]
"AppId"="{ce32c570-4bec-4aeb-ad1d-cf47b91de0b2}"
"TimeStamp"=dword:00000003

sleepy

d00zah, that did the trick. I found the entries and now have a working shortcut which I've now got in the start folder so happy days. Here is my entry points if it helps any others?

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{ce32c570-4bec-4aeb-ad1d-cf47b91de0b2}\{fc9abccc-36cb-47ac-8bab-03e8ef5f6f22}

Edit: I had to set up a Task Schedule for Emby WMC to delay the start up by 1 minute to allow the Emby Server to load first as Emby WMC keeps starting before the server and promptly fails to load.

Edited by sleepy

d00zah

d00zah, that did the trick. I found the entries and now have a working shortcut which I've now got in the start folder so happy days. Here is my entry points if it helps any others?

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{ce32c570-4bec-4aeb-ad1d-cf47b91de0b2}\{fc9abccc-36cb-47ac-8bab-03e8ef5f6f22}

enjoy!