Cannot connect to NextPVR

diegov

diegov

Hi everyone,

I'm running Emby Server on a ReadyNAS box. When I install the NextPVR plugin and try to browse to http://embyipaddress:8866, i get an unable to connect message.

Checking the emby logs i can see that for some reason the web service for the NextPVR plugin is not working:

018-05-28 19:10:00.599 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/Client/Instantiate

I've tried changing ports and it does not make a difference.

Thanks

Diego

arrbee99

Did you get the NextPVR app installed and running and playing stuff first ?

diegov

Hey thanks for the quick reply. Apologies in advanced. Does the NextPVR plugin require a separate NextPVR application to work? I was hoping to use the plugin to leverage a richer EPG guide for Live TV only.

Thank you

arrbee99

Yep. Get it all working with the app first, guide and everything, then install the plugin in Emby (or I think just refresh the guide under Scheduled Tasks if its installed already) and hopefully, theoretically it should work.

arrbee99

You might not need NPVR at all, depends on what tuner you have as well.

diegov

Hey thanks for your reply and help. Got it. I didn't realise the plugin needed a separate app. I'm simply using the inbuilt m3utuner and an XMLtv link. While I get basic information, I was also hoping to get artwork to replace the Program default colored boxes. Not to worry though, not the end of the world. Hopefully in future we get a way of manually adding artwork if it's not provided in the XMLtv stream. Thanks again!

arrbee99

Oh well, NPVR does provide some artwork for me for the OTA programs but never could apply it to IPTV stuff e.g. we have say TVNZ1 OTA in New Zealand and TVNZ1 via IPTV so NPVR got the artwork for the OTA version but couldn't apply it to the IPTV version. Well its wouldn't for me.

Anyway if you get your stuff from a paid provider do they do a guide as well ? If not I wouldn't know, though maybe someone else does...

Sorry couldn't help more. Good luck...

arrbee99

btw you could possibly set up the NextPVR app by itself and set up the xml stuff in that, see if it plays and if it gets any artwork. If it does connect it to Emby using the plugin, if not, well it was worth a try.