Problem with music files on Roku app

richwphillips@yahoo.com
Go to solution Solved by richwphillips@yahoo.com,

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I added about 3000 music files to Emby recently. I previously only used Emby for videos. I have gone through some of my songs and indicated some were favorites. I did this from my computer. However, when I go on the Roku app, I can't get to my favorites to play them. When I first open my music library, I see "Favorites" as a header, but it quickly disappears and I can't see how to get it back. Also, is there no way to shuffle or mix my entire library? From what I can tell, I can shuffle play within an artist or album, but not using the whole library. Maybe I'm missing something. I'm using the latest beta version of the app. Thanks.

Yeah, the app is currently only showing favorite albums and artists not individual songs.  I can fix that.

Also, is there no way to shuffle or mix my entire library?

Have you tried hitting the "Play" button on your remote while focused on your your Music library on the home screen?

richwphillips@yahoo.com

Thanks for taking care of the favorites issue. That will help a lot. After reading your reply, I tried hitting my play button on the library icon and it worked great. Sorry I didn't think of that before, but it put my library in a queue in random order which was just what I was wanting. As always, I appreciate your prompt responses and solutions!

richwphillips@yahoo.com

The favorites issue on my music library WAS working after a recent update, but I'm now on 3.4.1.10 and it's back to having the "Favorites" pop up momentarily and then disappearing again. 

Still working for me on that same beta version of the server.

Are you sure the user is the same?

richwphillips@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply. I'm signed in as the only user I have set up as far as I'm aware. I tried signing out and signing back in, but no luck. I did have some problems with my server and had to reconnect via Emby Connect with a new PIN number, but didn't think that would cause this to happen.

Perhaps you also are running the released version of the app instead of the beta now?  What is the version number shown in the settings page?

richwphillips@yahoo.com

The Windows version on my laptop is 3.4.1.10 beta. The version on my Roku is 3.0.80. I've had some problems with the server where I've had to reinstall it so I don't know if that caused any issues or not. The rest of the features that were there before are still there. It's just the music favorites that are back to having the "Favorites" flash up when I first open the library, but then it disappears and I can't access the favorites directly.

Yeah, that's the public store version of the app.  You must have been running the beta version before (which is an entirely different app as far as the device is concerned).  Try re-installing the beta channel.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I can't seem to find the beta channel to install it. The link you gave takes me to the Roku "my account" page, but there is nothing there about Emby or the beta channel. Every link I've found online does the same thing. I can never see where to go from there to add the beta channel to my Roku player. I must be missing something.

Happy2Play

I can't seem to find the beta channel to install it. The link you gave takes me to the Roku "my account" page, but there is nothing there about Emby or the beta channel. Every link I've found online does the same thing. I can never see where to go from there to add the beta channel to my Roku player. I must be missing something.

So you went to the private channel listed here?  Link appears to work fine for me.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8001-emby-for-roku-channel/

Edited by Happy2Play

richwphillips@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I followed that link and it just takes me to "My Account" page on Roku. Nothing about the beta channel shows up. It's weird.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

I figured it out. It was a problem with Chrome for some reason. When I copied the link and pasted it into an IE window, it did take me the Roku page to add Emby Beta. Must be something in my Chrome settings. Anyway...thanks to both of you for your help. This is still the only site of its kind where I always know someone will really try to help me and that my posts will always get a response and usually very quickly.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

The beta channel is now on my Roku and I can once again see the favorites section of my music library. I don't see a way to shuffle play only my favorites. Am I just missing a step or is this not currently an option? 

The beta channel is now on my Roku and I can once again see the favorites section of my music library. I don't see a way to shuffle play only my favorites. Am I just missing a step or is this not currently an option? 

No, there really isn't a way to do exactly that at this time.

richwphillips@yahoo.com

Thanks, EBR. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in my setup or settings. I appreciate the help as always.

• 2 weeks later...
edwardmark

Hi, I faced the same problem on my Roku mobile app. I was not able to play any music file then I taken help from the Roku Support experts to fix this issue. You should contact them.

• Solution
richwphillips@yahoo.com

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Everything seems to be working right now. They don't currently have an option to shuffle just my favorite songs as yet, but hopefully it will be in a future release at some point. Have a great day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...