Sorting by Budget fails with a SQLite exception

ke2083
Go to solution Solved by corey,

ke2083

Hi,

I was checking out the new sorting options in the Apple TV app (really good, BTW) and after I sorted by budget... the app stopped showing movies.  I can still get to them by Genre or Search, but All now just shows me a blank screen.

I tried restarting the server, the Apple TV, removing and re-adding the app and nothing worked.  Movies displayed fine in the web app.

I checked through the logs and it looks like Budget isn't available in my SQLite DB.  Stack trace:

2018-05-24 11:17:18.296 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://10.1.0.12:8096/emby/Users/2cc11d449aa04ec7ae087f357b1ea182/Items?parentId=db4c1708cbb5dd1676284a40f2950aba&fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio%2CParentId&includeItemTypes=Movie&startIndex=0&limit=100&recursive=true&SortBy=Budget%2CSortName&SortOrder=Descending&EnableTotalRecordCount=false. UserAgent: Emby/2 CFNetwork/897.15 Darwin/17.5.0
2018-05-24 11:17:18.357 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.4.1.0
    Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
    Operating system: Unix 3.10.0.862
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 6
    Program data path: /var/lib/emby
    Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
    Error: no such column: Budget
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemList(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemsResult(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.QueryRecursive(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetQueryResult(GetItems request, DtoOptions dtoOptions, User user)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItems(GetItems request)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.Get(GetItems request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__70.MoveNext()
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
     at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemList(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.GetItemsResult(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.QueryRecursive(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetQueryResult(GetItems request, DtoOptions dtoOptions, User user)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItems(GetItems request)
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.Get(GetItems request)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(Type serviceType, IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__13.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__70.MoveNext()

So, in my Emby set up, I manage all the metadata myself using NFO files written using Tiny Media Manager.  Hence I've got mostly turned off in the Emby app all the metadata searches.  

* Is it possible that's the cause of the missing Budget column?

* Is there a way I can restore the Apple TV app to listing movies by any other sort criteria, short of deleting the user and re-adding them?

* Should I turn on any particular setting in Emby server to be able to load the Budget data?

* Is it worth my connecting to the SQLite file and manually adding the column in?

Thank you for your help :)

Kaylee.

ke2083

Yo- just to mention, I enacted by plan to add the Budget column into the BaseItemValues table in SQLite and now it all goes Naturally sorting by Budget does nothing as its an empty column, but all movies now appear and I can sort by other criteria :)

Hi, thanks for the report. We don't have that field in our database anymore so @@corey can remove it from the sorting interface.

Hi, yes we're always looking for help although most of the time the areas we want help in are not server related. Feel free to PM me your background and skills if interested. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...