Is live tv supported on IOS Safari?

allen00se

Danee

It is working for me to on several ios devices, the only thing important is that you have to click the play indicator inside the player because the playback will not autostart when selecting play in the webui.

allen00se

Yup that did the trick, didnt realize I needed to click play since there was a spinning wheel on the screen.

w84no1

It works on my 1st Gen iPad, but it doesn't release the tuner.  I have to manually reset the tuner in the dashboard. Not sure if that is the case on newer IOS Safari browsers.

w84no1

There is another thread about that, I think it has to do with multiple streams and sending the stop command for only one stream.

Edit: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5809-tuner-not-being-released-using-ipad/ hmmm.... That thread is started by you....

Yes, that is the thread I started. Not sure if newer Ios devices have the same issue.

allen00se

mine releases the tuner, but it requires you to hit stop on the video, then after the video stops there is another player with a black screen, hit stop again and the tuner releases.

w84no1

mine releases the tuner, but it requires you to hit stop on the video, then after the video stops there is another player with a black screen, hit stop again and the tuner releases.

I will try that when I get home.

pd veeps

Just tried to watch live tv using cell service on my iphone5 and it works pretty good. Sometimes I have to try to play a channel twice before it will play but it plays smoothly.