Music virtualization on screen

mandysdad

mandysdad

I like listening to my music through my roku/emby setup.  However, I don't need to know how the artist is while listening.  I was wondering if there is some way to set up a virtualization like on windows media player? I can wait and my roku will go to it's screen saver, but I would like to make a choice.  Or even display the lyrics on screen, all of my music files have the lyrics embedded. 

• Like 28

aspdend

I like the idea of a virtualisation with the artist/track name appearing when the track first starts and the lyrics overlay would be nice as well! +1 from me on this

funwithmedia

I think the word you all are looking for is "visualization." Just adding it to the thread so that others searching for this idea will find it. :)

Smaky

How about enabling ProjectM as an option? This one has very good compatibility across platforms and could be integrated to clients.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
JDizzy

How about enabling ProjectM as an option? This one has very good compatibility across platforms and could be integrated to clients.

Old thread but is only thing missing from Emby in my opinion....

Project M with options for lyrics, artist images, etc.... I noticed that Kodi now has Project M for Android options, would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

darkassassin07

+1 :)

A visualizer could definitely be a nice addition to embys music playback

• Like 1

JDizzy

One thing I can do is I sideloaded ProjectM apk onto my Firestick.

I can start music playing in Emby then hit the Home icon and start ProjectM outside of Emby.

It works most of the time but I just wish it would also show album cover and song info when starting a new song.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
EZEd
On 7/1/2020 at 1:13 AM, joshhuggins said:

I miss my Soundspectrum G-Force. 😔

Yep I liked that one too. I didn't find out about ProjectM/Milkdrop until later but G-Force was always the coolest to me. Either or both would be fine with me.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
JohnnyM

After just putting my Music Library into Emby after using it for my Movies since Media Browser days. I want to give this a +1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for info @Luke but I went to that thread and read what it was about.  I'm kinda struggling to see how what is being talked about there applies to this thread?  What we're talking here is about support for "pretty moving pictures" on the screen during music playback a la Milkdrop, ProjectM, G-Force etc. The only thing that I can think of from that thread that would apply here is also to have Artist, Song, Album ... other information overlaid on top of the visualization while the song is playing.  Maybe yes it would be nice to have the words to the song as well.  But I personally wouldn't use something like that on a constant basis.  I'm not opposed to it being implemented but definitely not something that I'm greatly interested in.  If I had to choose a priority between the two right now, I would definitely vote for music visualizations over lyrics viewing emphatically.

What were your thoughts on how that thread would effect this one?  Just curious.

Thx

45 minutes ago, EZEd said:

Thanks for info @Luke but I went to that thread and read what it was about.  I'm kinda struggling to see how what is being talked about there applies to this thread?  What we're talking here is about support for "pretty moving pictures" on the screen during music playback a la Milkdrop, ProjectM, G-Force etc. The only thing that I can think of from that thread that would apply here is also to have Artist, Song, Album ... other information overlaid on top of the visualization while the song is playing.  Maybe yes it would be nice to have the words to the song as well.  But I personally wouldn't use something like that on a constant basis.  I'm not opposed to it being implemented but definitely not something that I'm greatly interested in.  If I had to choose a priority between the two right now, I would definitely vote for music visualizations over lyrics viewing emphatically.

What were your thoughts on how that thread would effect this one?  Just curious.

Thx

There was discussion of lyrics in here so that's why I followed up.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, edvinmorales@hotmail.com said:

2 years later still no advancement on this...

The OP going by mandysdad could also be johnnysdad and jennysdad by now! 😃

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
aspdend

Given that the Project M Github page has a direct link to Kodi where it claims to be featured in Kodi, another +1 from me on integrating this to Emby - it will be a great add on along with the Lyrics mentioned in 4.7 by @Luke

• 1 year later...