Question: How to know if the metadata are up to date ?

theghost31

theghost31
Hi

I saw recently sometimes after add an episode, I don't see it with my lambda user. 

I can't update the metadata from it ??

I only see with the admin user, the button => Refresh metadata with new / modify content

So I want to know if there is a way to do it with a lamda user which want everything up to date ? 

What is the cyclic time where the metadata are automaticaly up to date by emby server ? 

Thank you in advance

Edited by theghost31

theghost31

OK thanks about my first question. This feature should be added for each user I think :)

And about the library, what is the delay about the auto refresh? Just to know.

Edited by theghost31

what is the delay about the auto refresh?

Hi, can you please describe this a little bit more? I don't quite understand what you're asking. Thanks.

theghost31

Ohh sorry for my weird question. When I add an episode or movie in my Hdd, the next day the library of emby is up to date from my memories so I guess a batch or something else is running sometimes to up to date the emby server library for each client which use emby web app. What is the schedule, event or anything else which do the update of new content? :). Today it's only the first time where I have to select the button update library from new content as admin. Usually, I didn't need to do that. Hoping it's more understandable :)

Edited by theghost31

Ok, I understand. The Emby apps don't do any refreshing. They don't download anything ahead of time. They display live as you browse and click around, so they always have the most up to date information from Emby Server.

So that is why the apps don't need a refresh button for non-admin users, because there is nothing to refresh.

theghost31

OK thank you very much, I understand why usually is always up to date. So my question should be, why the emby server didn't see the new content today after the upload on my Hdd ?

Edited by theghost31

Happy2Play

OK thank you very much, I understand why usually is always up to date. So my question should be, why the emby server didn't see the new content today after the upload on my Hdd ?

What OS are you using? If the OS supports the "Enable real time monitoring", do you have it enabled "Per-Library"?

If your OS doesn't support real time monitoring, you will have to wait for a Library Scan to pick-up the new media.

Edited by Happy2Play

theghost31

My emby server is running on Ubuntu 16.04.

Yes I enabled per library this feature.

The previous days, this feature worked perfectly, so I guess something mess up this time.

If this happens again, I will try to look the log because I can't explain with more detail this issue ')