Grouping results in duplicates

reederda
Go to solution Solved by reederda,

MikePlanet

What is still an issue?

At least the topic of this post - movies are still shown with each version when selecting a collection/group:

post-2203-0-08962900-1542966170_thumb.jpg

MikePlanet

Hi @@Luke, I just did a test for the other issue in this thread here, this is resolved. It is about movie versions had been shown separately in the latest movies section of the start portal - thanks!

Do you think it is necessary? We are extremely inconsistent about this, no other app is showing that count.

MikePlanet

Do you think it is necessary? We are extremely inconsistent about this, no other app is showing that count.

Good question ;-) ... you are right, we were not consistant - some views had it, some did not.

From a user perspective, I think they are not needed, as it doesn't matter if there is multiple versions or not. From admin perspective I found it useful to see that there are multiple versions existing for a movie and how many. I could live without them, we probably have other more important things to care about...

• 9 months later...
KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

I am currently getting this issue, is there any way to fix this without the files having the exact same name as the folder it is in? I cannot rename the files for various reasons.

I am currently getting this issue, is there any way to fix this without the files having the exact same name as the folder it is in? I cannot rename the files for various reasons.

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

Hi there, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

I am trying to convert media so that I have two versions - a high bitrate original and a low bitrate one for mobile. I am converting to the "Original media folder, next to original files".

I end up with a folder structure that looks like this:

/Movies

/xxxx

/yyyy

/zzzz.mkv

/zzzz - mobile.mp4

Instead of having a single item with two versions, I instead end up with two items in a subfolder. Grouping the items manually does not fix this and just makes it so both items have the two versions.

5d7137a6c777f_Annotation20190906022605.p

5d7136bab655a_Annotation20190906022402.p

Is there any way to force them into a single item or remove the duplicate?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

@@KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

In order to group they need to follow our multi-version naming:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#multi-version-movies

When you use the convert feature, the new file will be named this way, but in some cases you may also have to rename your original file. The server currently does not rename your original file for you. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

@@KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

In order to group they need to follow our multi-version naming:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#multi-version-movies

When you use the convert feature, the new file will be named this way, but in some cases you may also have to rename your original file. The server currently does not rename your original file for you. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

So does this mean there is no way to have them group when they are not following the naming convention? In that case, I might upgrade my server hardware so that it can handle live transcoding instead. Thanks for helping out.

KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

There is a manual grouping feature you can use using the multi select tool with the checkboxes in the upper left.

Yes, I did try that but it didn't work, instead I just end up with two items both with two versions as shown in the original post. An answer above said that the files need to follow the naming convention for it to work.

What I was wondering is: Is there was a way to do this without the files following the naming convention?

KingCommandoJimmoTheIII

The manual grouping feature will work just fine. What exactly did you do?

Looks like the reason was because I had the library type set to "Mixed Content" and not "Movies". When I rebuild the library as "Movies" it works fine, and I only get duplicates when I go to the "Folders" tab.

Is there a way to make manual grouping work with the "Mixed Content" library type or the "Folders" tab in the "Movies" library type?

• 1 year later...