Grouping results in duplicates

reederda
Go to solution Solved by reederda,

reederda

Hi all,

I'm attempting to use Emby's "Grouping" feature to combine two versions of a video into a single listing. However, when I do this I instead am left with two listings, each showing the two versions (see attached screenshots).

I've tried rescanning the library, but that hasn't helped. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

5b04f69e362e9_group1.png

5b04f6a637d13_group2.png

Hi, that shouldn't happen. What screen is the first screenshot from?

reederda

The first screenshot is inside a collection (Star Wars Collection). 

Small update- the blue numbers disappeared but I've still got the duplicate listings.

reederda

Interesting. I'm running the latest version (3.4.1.0).

Could it possibly be something with the way the media is organized/named? I've attached a snippet with my filepaths.
5b15872453f56_capt.png

No that looks ok. What screen is the above screenshot from containing the posters? can you show the entire screen? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

What does the collection.xml look like? click three dot menu-edit metadata on image shown above to find the path to the xml file

emb.PNG

Can you fix this image, or was it supposed to be the same one as the other? thanks.

reederda

Can you fix this image, or was it supposed to be the same one as the other? thanks.

It was identical to the other- the image just wasn't uploading right.

reederda

What does the collection.xml look like? click three dot menu-edit metadata on image shown above to find the path to the xml file

There doesn't appear to be a filepath listed for an xml, only to the movie itself.

• 4 weeks later...

@@reederda, I did some new testing on this and I cannot reproduce it. Based on that, I would suggest re-evaluating this with the upcoming new release of Emby Server. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
reederda

Upgrading to the latest release didn't change anything, however I did find the issue:

Interesting. I'm running the latest version (3.4.1.0).

Could it possibly be something with the way the media is organized/named? I've attached a snippet with my filepaths.
5b15872453f56_capt.png

This was an issue after all. In order for Emby to see them as different versions, the files must have the EXACT same name as the folder, before the hyphen. For example, for this to work properly the folder needs to be named "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope", and then the files need to be named "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - <version>".

MikePlanet

@@Luke, may I jump in here, as the described issue also still exists in another context - see this post - and the observations here might explain those issues.

Those movies are grouped manually (as they are in different folders) - and the (different) folders are NOT named the same, nor do the filenames share a common start. This seems to be an issue, I reproduced today with latest beta server version, that it is still the same - such movie version groups will not be properly displayed. After grouping two movies, in a Collectionsview, they will still show up with two separate entries, each showing a "2" in the number of contained versions. 

Maybe you can reproduce by grouping two movies from different places and different directory names together to be able to reproduce the behaviour. I think due to the issues this also leads to the other issues (e.g. splitting not properly working) described in the mentioned post.

Testsetup:

library of type 'movies'

\movies\0\movie-a (tt1602472)\dvb-recording.avi

\movies\0\movie-b (tt1602472)\moviefilenameddifferent.avi

\movies\0\movie-c (tt0841044)\moviefile.avi

Scan will both identify as the same (due to imdb id), afterwards mark them both and group them manually, then go to the collections view -> you should see what described above.

resulting XML is:

´╗┐<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <ContentRating>FSK-12</ContentRating>
  <Added>26.07.2018 20:06:17</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Overview>Die Geschichte der Franz├Âsin Marion, gespielt und produziert von Julie Delpy.</Overview>
  <LocalTitle>2 Tage in... Filmreihe</LocalTitle>
  <PremiereDate>2007-02-09</PremiereDate>
  <DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>
  <ProductionYear>2007</ProductionYear>
  <TmdbId>138908</TmdbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Kom├Âdie</Genre>
    <Genre>Drama</Genre>
    <Genre>Liebesfilm</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Studios>
    <Studio>Tempête Sous Un Crâne Productions</Studio>
    <Studio>Senator Film Produktion</Studio>
    <Studio>Focus Features</Studio>
    <Studio>3L Filmproduktion GmbH</Studio>
    <Studio>Polaris Film Productions & Finance</Studio>
  </Studios>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\servermovies\0\movie-a (tt1602472)\dvb-recording.avi</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\server\movies\0\movie-b (tt1602472)\moviefilenameddifferent.avi</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>\\server\movies\0\movie-c (tt0841044)\moviefile.avi</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>
</Item>

I didn't look into the code, but is it possible, that the linked items (for the blie indicator) come from the DB, but the grouped display is taken from the namingconventions in the XML file? I think both should rely on the linked item configuration from DB - regardless of the naming of the file - otherwise the manual grouping will not work as intended!?

• 3 months later...

I can reproduce this error as well

When i group movies and they are in a collection (created by auto collection) i still see both versions in the collection as separate movies. And both versions have access to the grouped versions

Example:

1080p version of Ant-man

1080p and 4K version of Ant-man 2

Ant-man 2 is visible as 1 movie with 2 versions in the library

In the ant-man collection i see

1x ant-man 1 and 2x ant-man 2

post-65967-0-81940300-1542152130_thumb.jpeg

In the library view it looks fine

post-65967-0-39502600-1542152165_thumb.jpeg

MikePlanet

Hi there, please try again with the next release of emby server, thanks.

Thanks @@Luke - did you also take care about the version grouping in e.g. "latest movies" or is this limited to the display of version movies in collections?