Active video has small gap on side and bottom of screen

PrincessClevage

AdrianW

lol, weird, I just minimized the Theater window and then maximized it again and now it's gone :)

Yep, that's one of the fixes for the issue. 

But, perhaps the latest update will have fixed it.

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

OK, so 3.0.8 has fixed the gap issue  - BUT, I'm getting an audio drop out every now and again (about once in a 20 minute TV show and 2 or 3 times during a movie).

Could this be related to the new "Enable video display syncing" options? - This was previously checked or unchecked (I had it unchecked) - but now there's three options and the default is "Auto" the others being "Display resample" and "Display video drop".

Which one is the same as "off"?

Edited by AdrianW

I don't think we've ever had off there but that can be added.

On auto I believe mpv will use the audio option.

AdrianW

I don't think we've ever had off there but that can be added.

On auto I believe mpv will use the audio option.

The previous release (3.0.6 I think) only had a checkbox - so that would be on or off, right? (I had it unchecked). But now there's a drop list of three options.

AdrianW

Ah yes you're right, forgot about that.

So, which of the three options should I choose to make sure the audio is untouched? (I'm bit streaming to a receiver).

AdrianW

Also, the text underneath that option ("Resample audio to match the video..." etc) seems to relate to an on/off option rather that a selection of three different options.

Actually looking at the code, the way i did it is that auto is off. Or rather, it leaves it not configured with mpv. 

AdrianW

Actually looking at the code, the way i did it is that auto is off. Or rather, it leaves it not configured with mpv. 

OK. Can you think of any other change that may have affected bitstreaming? 

(I had a similar issue a year ago - see this post on page 1 of this thread).

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

I just scanned through the earlier pages of this thread and saw this post from me: 

...I noticed that "Enable exclusive audio mode" was off, so I turned that on and re-selected EAC3. I played a 45 minute EAC3 episode and there were no dropouts - it may be coincidence, but we'll see over the next few days.

I did notice that this was off after the update to 3.0.8 but I couldn't remember whether I had it on or off previously (all the other settings seemed to have carried over so I assumed nothing would need tweaking).

I'll try turning exclusive mode on and hopefully that will prevent the audio dropouts. 

(BTW: Today's dropouts occurred with DTS and plain AC3).

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

If you're bitstreaming th audio, none of the display sync options will do anything with the audio.

I was just guessing at the cause due to those options being new and that the description mentions "Resample audio to match the video..." and "play audio at a different speed every once in a while".

It's probably the exclusive mode toggle - I can't test that until tomorrow as it's just after 1am now.

Guest asrequested

Also, when the audio drops out, do you see the display on your receiver, change? So if you're listen to dts, does the receiver switch out of dts and then back?

AdrianW

I've now watched a couple of hours of content with exclusive audio mode set on - and there's been no dropouts so far.

So, I guess that setting somehow got cleared during the update to 3.0.8.

Anyway, audio seems fine now and more importantly the small gaps at the bottom and right no longer appear.

ShoutingMan

I'm still on 3.0.6. I've launched ET so it can get the update and I'll give it a try. Fingers crossed! :)

Guest asrequested

I've now watched a couple of hours of content with exclusive audio mode set on - and there's been no dropouts so far.

So, I guess that setting somehow got cleared during the update to 3.0.8.

Anyway, audio seems fine now and more importantly the small gaps at the bottom and right no longer appear.

In some circumstances, exclusivity is defeated. I've added the option to my mpv.conf to make sure it always gets used.

calmcacil

Sadly still gap when window is maximized (not fullscreen.) the bottom few pixels are still bleeding trough and is slightly frustrating, due to multimonitor setup manually resizing the window is still an option although tedious, especially if i play it on one of my other monitors that doesnt have a taskbar. This issue also occurs on monitors with no taskbar. Fullscreen Mode does not have this issue, I dont think its an unreasonable assumption that a maximized window should cover the entirety of the screen minus the taskbar.

VigNm3t.png

But if you're not going full screen, then why use refresh rate switching?

calmcacil

But if you're not going full screen, then why use refresh rate switching?

I'm not using refresh rate switching.

AdrianW

I managed to replicate this (I think) by doing this:

• Unlock the taskbar
  • Run ET (defaults to full screen for me)
  • Click the maximize/restore button - which switches to almost full screen with the taskbar showing - no gaps
  • Drag the taskbar to the top - gaps appear
  • Drag the taskbar back to the bottom - gaps still there
  • Close & re-open ET, gaps still there
  • Maximize ET - gaps gone
  • Close and re-open ET, gaps still gone

Seems like a different issue but with the same symptoms.

calmcacil

^ is basically right, you can also "maximize" instead of fullscreening by doubleclicking the top bar, as expected maximizes window as per windows standards. WinKey + Up also works.

calmcacil

While this is a workaround that works, albeit slightly inconvenient on multimonitor setups, as emby does not allow for snapping and other features that make life with multi monitor setups easier, it would be nice if ET behaved how you expect software to do under the operating system you are using.

Edited by calmcacil