WMC won't start mp4 movies

Trichard123

Trichard123

Hello!

After the last most recent auto-update of Emby for Media Center, I started having a problem with just the Mp4 movies, but not the TV episodes.  I press the Play button on the menu and get a dark screen.  When I move my mouse I see the control buttons on the bottom of the screen (Stop, Play, Record, etc) but no time length indicator.  The Play button displays the || pause like the movie is playing.  I press the square Stop button which takes me back to the movie info page and buttons, then I get the spinning wheel and the page goes dark and the time indicator appears and the movie starts up.  This is an annoyance, but at least I can get them to play.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled E-WMC and the server both.  I am still getting that small hang on the movies so far.  TV episodes run right away.  These are all the same MP4's I have for over a year or more.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Trichard123

Sorry I was out of town.  Here are the log files.  I checked again and only the movies hang on start until I press Play and Then Stop....I hear the tone and the movie starts.

LOGS.zip

Okay, there are 162 logs in that zip :).

Can we please see one log that demonstrates the problem and a description of exactly what you did (and what you played) in the app and what happened?

Thanks.

Trichard123

The one ending bf51.log is the one with the hang for Beauty and the Beast (just as a test) and it did hang.  I have to press Play then Stop to get the video going.  I looked at the log (Near the end) and why it was referencing Cinderella I have no idea.

MBClassic-31520184c94181e7883461db5ade42da64fda56.log

MBClassic-3152018fb62b996fdfc448ca68e9c374d21bf51.log

MBClassic-31520184243df7377624ce581ca51026577b48f.log

Edited by Trichard123

Hi.  It appears you have Cinema Mode turned on and it is trying to play a trailer before the movie and it is that trailer that does not play properly.  Then you skip by it and the movie plays.

Trichard123

Thank you!  That fixed it.  I have a question on the Diamond theme.  I have an option to see weather, but I don't see it when selected and I have the zip and info entered.  Any ideas?

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with Diamond at this point.  Does it show properly in Chocolate?

Trichard123

It's OK - I didn't see it in Chocolate or any of the old ones.  Not a problem, just glad to get my movies back on.