"Parental control" feature request for MBS

Starlionblue
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Starlionblue
Right now if you add a media folder it is automatically available to all users. You have to go in and uncheck it for any users who should not have access. Say the folder is full of adult content and some of your users are children, this can rapidly become awkward.

Therefore, I'd like to request an option to set for users so that any newly added media folders are automatically NOT accessible (i.e. unchecked) for that user. Like a "only add folders specificied explicitly" or "restricted user" or something.

That way if you add, say, a media folder of adult content and forget to uncheck it for all your "restricted" users, they won't automatically see the folder.

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

Not making it available to all profiles seems like the proper way to do things. You want to give as few permissions to users as possible. Only enough to do what they need to do.

• Solution

I think we should just behave this way by default.  You should have to explicitly give access to users instead of explicitly denying it.

To facilitate when you want to give access to all users, there could be a button when you add it that lets you do that in one click.

• Like 2