Separate Live TV Guides?

ssg99si

ssg99si

I use multiple IPTV providers in emby. Currently emby groups them all together into one massive, hard to navigate guide. Is there a way I can split up Live TV into multiple groups? Separate, nameable Live TV groups for each m3u link I provide? 

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
scottiamit

Bugger! Is it on the development timeline at all and if so what would the ETA be? Going into the guide for me takes about 30 seconds so a bit painfull. Also having a default group would be great too.

Performance is not really related to this. We can continue to improve guide performance without implementing separate guides per user.

scottiamit

I have 2 IPTV sources in use and for a while I just have Freeview NZ which only has like 10 channels and it seemed quicker but this may also relate to the fact I was using a remote server but now I also have the server installed on the same PC as the client for testing and the Lenovo m92p PC I am using isn't very high spec so could also be resource issues, I will check that later. The main issue for me is that I want Freeview NZ only channels to show at the top of the list when I go into Guide so it is easier for the misses to use, I also would like them to show in an order I can specify rather than name or last watched. Favourites could show as a group and then I can create other custom groups such as 'Food' and show all the cooking channels etc. Pretty please!

• 1 year later...
crazy85

This really needs to be done would like to have a UK Channels/guide and US Channels/Guide separate i want to add other countrys for other members/countries but am not adding them just yet i dont want to be scrolling down the tv guide for hours looking though 100.000 channels :)

41 minutes ago, crazy85 said:

This really needs to be done would like to have a UK Channels/guide and US Channels/Guide separate i want to add other countrys for other members/countries but am not adding them just yet i dont want to be scrolling down the tv guide for hours looking though 100.000 channels :)

How many countries do your friends and family live in?

• 3 months later...

We are going into 2021 and this is not added yet very disappointed took 3 years already.  I pay for Emby each month too please sort this live tv out for groups and a separate iptv service ffs it’s not hard 

Edited by crazy85

No reply of the this useless customer service forums. Admins online but choose not to reply 😡

can you explain why it’s taking 3 years to add this feature , what your customers are asking for ? 

Edited by crazy85

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, crazy85 said:

No reply of the this useless customer service forums. Admins online but choose not to reply 😡

can you explain why it’s taking 3 years to add this feature , what your customers are asking for ? 

Based on the originator post likes and number of posts in this thread in total, i'd say that "it didn't get much traction" would be quite an understatement. 🙄

• Like 2

It's not really something that would be of use to Emby users as a whole.  The current version of Emby can be used to tailor guides already using parental codes and tags.