Emby Server Problem - No Media Displayed

Victorious

Victorious

We have had Emby running happily for a couple of months, but yesterday it got itself into a bit of a state. It will not display any media, via the browser, iOS app or Apple TV. I looked at the log file and there are repeated instances of the following:

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.4.1.0
Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Unix 17.5.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /Users/serveruser/.config/emby-server
Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
Corrupt: database disk image is malformed

The information following on from this varies from place to place in the log file (attached).

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Emby Log.txt

Corrupt: database disk image is malformed

You will need to shutdown the server and rename this file:

/Users/serveruser/.config/emby-server/library.db

Then startup and run a library scan and refresh your guide.

Typical causes of this are abrupt termination of the emby server process, e.g., a power loss, killing the process, machine failure, etc.

Victorious

Thank you Luke, that did the trick.

However a significant side-effect of this, is that all the metadata and 'watched' flags seem to have been reset to their initial state. I wasn't aware this would happen so I will now have to do some work to get things back in shape.

Is there any way to 'mend' the library and preserve this information? Just in case a similar thing happens again...

Were you taking any backups prior to that, either manual or via our backup plugin?

Victorious

We haven't been using the backup plugin - maybe it's time to change that :-)

The media folders are backed up regularly with Carbon Copy Cloner, and the local files with CCC and also Time Machine. So we have previous versions of all the files. Ideally we'd be able to restore just the library (plus any other necessary files) and not have Emby recreate all the .nfo files. Is it possible (maybe with the plugin) to achieve this, and also not have the 'watched' flags reset also?

Thanks for your help with this.

if you were to restore the last good library.db file then that will likely resolve it although you'll lose some watch data since the date of the last backup.

• Like 1

Victorious

Thanks Luke. My husband, who is the main tech person here, is away atm so when he gets back we will have a look at the backup plugin setup.

Cheers, Vicky.