WMC on Windows 10 - Freezing

Steverido

Steverido

I have just bought a high specification mini PC and it has Windows 10 already installed. I have installed WMC V8 & then Emby for WMC. Installation went fine. When I open it up, if I go into fullscreen it is very slow and freezes. If I take it out of fullscreen it seems to react quickly.

Wondering if it is a display driver. I have checked this and it is all up to date. Windows is too.

Attached logs.

WMC configurator crashes when I open this too.

Any ideas guys?

Added server logs

If I open up Emby for WMC and it is not in fullscreen mode, it seems to work okay. If I stretch it to almost full screen it is still fine. As soon as I click fullscreen, it freezes and takes ages to react to anything.

MBClassic-1952018cddabd0b5c3c48f08ede343c916847f9.log

Configurator-1952018da35390f968e40e2a7f6ca56ef81f312.log

embyserver-63662333495.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by Steverido

I recall other topics about this in the past related installing WMC on Windows 10. It's related to the install of WMC on Windows 10, which is not supported by Microsoft. There's not much we can do about it. You won't see this happen on WMC for Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Steverido

I recall other topics about this in the past related installing WMC on Windows 10. It's related to the install of WMC on Windows 10, which is not supported by Microsoft. There's not much we can do about it. You won't see this happen on WMC for Windows 8 or Windows 7.

Strange Luke, I have Emby for WMC running on two other PC's running Windows 10. Never had any issues whatsoever.

Not sure if they have done something on the latest versions.

It could be a Windows 10 update that one machine has but not the other, it could also be associated with the hardware in the machine, like for instance, the video card. It's just hard to say.

Steverido

It could be a Windows 10 update that one machine has but not the other, it could also be associated with the hardware in the machine, like for instance, the video card. It's just hard to say.

Thanks Luke. The video card is built into the CPU where as on the others, they are dedicated cards. I have found a thread about it elsewhere. Will post back if I have any success.

Still hoping someone would create the chocolate theme for theater and then I would migrate over. :)

I don't believe the configurator has ever worked on Win 10 because it doesn't understand the version of Windows so cannot find the proper libraries.

jachin99

You might want to check but I think there are other documented fullscreen issues with WMC 10.  Its a lot easier to just use 8 or 7 OR the ORIGINAL version of Win 10 (Before they updated playready).

• 2 months later...
throgmorton

I don't believe the configurator has ever worked on Win 10 because it doesn't understand the version of Windows so cannot find the proper libraries.

Just an FYI the configurator does work on Win 10 for me on all three of my machines.