How to get slideshow function on Roku when viewing pictures please?

ng4ever
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

• Solution

the Play button on your remote was the answer, correct?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
EZEd

I've tried this but it doesn't work to totally randomize and play all pictures.  I have several folders of pictures characterized by year taken so it goes back beyond the 1950s.  All photos are named with either the date taken if known or at least a best guess date to place them in chronological order in the folder.  These are mostly family pictures.  I'm a former Windows Media Center (WMC) user and it had the ability to randomly play all photos from all folders whereas Emby seems only to be able to play photos in only one folder and only in file list order (no randomness).

Similarly WMC was able to play music randomly as well simultaneous to the photos.  As example I could sort my music collection by Genre (say Jazz 1960s) hit "Play All, Shuffled" and it would begin to play (queue up) all of the songs with that category in a random order. Simultaneously I could navigate to the photos item and hit "play slideshow" at the top level and it would play all photos across all years/folders randomly while the music played in the background.  I could also choose a specific folder/year and have it play only those photos at random while the music played.  This worked out well when I wanted to play family photos from the 1960s while listing to Jazz or R&B or what ever period specific music from that same timeframe.  I don't seem to be able to make Emby ( at least Emby for Roku) recreate that capability.  If what I describe is not possible I request that it be added to the feature request list for the ability to do so.

Hitting play at the top level of my Music folder plays all of my music at random.  I have lots of Genre's of music and that doesn't work well.  The same functionality does not work on the photos category.  Hitting play does nothing.  I suppose because I have multiple folders underneath.  So right now the music random play capability is what I would like for photos and photos only has this functionality at the single folder level not across all folders.  It would be great if we could have random play of any folder both music and photos as well as random play of music that is sorted by Genre or Year.  Please consider for future release.

Thx

EZEd

Edited by EZEd