Add episodes that "thetvdb" doesn't know

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I feel pretty stupid right now, but I can't figure out how to fix this problem. I've the BluRay version of the show Ascension (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ascension/episodes/5017375) which consists of six episodes. When it originaly aired they always added two episodes together and therefore only aired it as a three-part series. Therefore thetvdb only lists episodes 1 to 3. So I've six files, but emby only accepts and adds the first three to the database. What can I do now? How do I fix this?

Hi, Emby will accept all of them, it's just that it may not pull any internet metadata for parts 4, 5 and 6. Why do you feel that Emby doesn't accept them all?

For the best experience I would consider joining them so that you only have three files.

Jdiesel

I know it isn't really what you are asking but I would probably just to use mkvmerge to combine 1 and 2, 3 and 4, and 5 and 6 if it were me. The sites that maintain the TV metadata are very strict about naming/order conventions and are very reluctant about changing things. You could probably manually edit nfos but it would likely be more hassle than it it worth imo. 

Edited by Jdiesel

AllesMeins

Hi, Emby will accept all of them, it's just that it may not pull any internet metadata for parts 4, 5 and 6. Why do you feel that Emby doesn't accept them all?

Ah, the problem was that I was using the "Auto Import"-Plugin and that just gave me an "Error: null". I've moved an renamed the files by hand an it is working. Thank you...

And thank you for the great work: Is there a way to support you financially without buying a monthly subscription? The yearly plan is to expensive for me, but I'd love to give ~20€ for your amazing work and kind support...

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately not really. The best thing to do would be to purchase either the monthly or annual subscription and then just immediately cancel the renewing payment afterwards. Thanks !