Photo

Android TV APP refresh logo fail display randomly

logo refresh

Best Answer HRSCR , 23 June 2018 - 07:35 AM

Hi @ebr I have to say thank you to get into this issue. Your time, effort and great job are really appreciated.

After many tests with logo, and without logo, i have to report 0 issues, the logo or the poster never fail again. If anyone is not having problems you can mark this how solved.

Excellent job, my respect to you work.  :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Local time: 01:22 PM

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Hi.

I open this topic to ask/report about the logo display in the Android TV APP and, if it is normal that the logo sometimes shows and sometimes not.

FYI, my config.

My server is over the last Windows 10 version (April,2018) Intel i7- 6700K + 32BG RAM, nVidia GTX 750i + main MC2 500GB hard drive for the OS,  and for storage: 6 x 4TB,  + 2 x 10TB HDD. No raid. Numer of movies. 1600 to 1700 aprox. Movies only.

My network is over 1GB wired cat5e. Both, computer and nVidia Shield have 1GB ethernet.

I never use the wireless in my house for streaming and I use Emby Server for stream directly to my nVidia Shield and sometimes to one Roku 4 Ultra (kids playroom). No more.

I never use the server for play anything, just for configuration and libraries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I check everyday for the beta updates on the server and the APP. That means, that I always test with the latest versions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i do or change to see if the problem can be solved for some misconfig or whatever?

I start the server using .nfo's and all arts available, cover, back, cd, landscape, etc. all of them.

It won't work fine, many times the Shield can't charge the cover, or many times the logo when you open one item to play it. (They show fast and without problems in the server interface)

After a week testing i decide change to pull the poster and the logo + the backdrop ONLY. I uncheck the .nfo in each libray and delete all .nfo's at hand (the server don't do that, it keep the .nfo's)

(I use Kodi how back-up just for emergency with some Emby APP update, so... i don't care the .nfo's)

After all this without sucess, I delete all data on %APPDATA% and folders cache, etc.all libraries unistal thje server, reboot the machine, and start over a new server installation.

I choose: in advance, Pull the Art and Cover +backdops ONLY, and check copy in advance, and copy the artwork into the movie folder at side of the movie. So, now i have: the movie + 3 image flies.

Still with the problem... :(

Yesterday I unistall the cover art pluging, and leave the box set only (for the collections)

I start one by one to check or change the covers that i want to use (my own arts) My arts, are made down the fanart complain (size and weight).

After do the changes in around 200 items and check "Lock this item to prevent future changes", the problem still there, happends in the nVidia Shield only, the server shows everything perfect, in fact it is more fast than before with this setup.

Almost forget, sometimes some random cover don't show up either. 

Another wierd logo situation: The logo's, maybe yesterday comes fine in some item, but the next day don't.

There's some advice or it is a real Android APP issue, or maybe is an nVidia Shield problem, or maybe is me and some misconfig?

I send the logs from the shield, but i don't want send 100 logs, everytime this happends.

And yes, in the APP  I try unchecking the logo to show the cover but the problem is the same, in random don't show the cover either.

Thank you very much for any answer or clue about this. 

Cheers!

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts
  • Local time: 03:22 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Hi.  Can you please show a screen shot of exactly what you are talking about?

Thanks.

• HRSCR likes this

#3 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hi.  Can you please show a screen shot of exactly what you are talking about?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, i know you are working hard in other important issues.

All that I said is in the fisrt post.

I leave you here captures that explain better what I found.

WebUI works perfect. No delays to show the logo, nothing,  perfect in every movie. (Of course some movies doesn't have logos, but this is not the case, I understand that situation)

1,2,3 and 4 are captures from the WebUI (server on Windows10 last beta) No problems.

----------------------------------------------------

5,6,7 are what happend on Android TV APP using nVidia Shield.

---------------------------------------------------

8 proof that the files are there, at side of the file. like i explain on the first post.

This is random, and sometimes the logo don't show in any particular movie some days after, some day, it comes... happends totally random.

Thank you 

cc @ebr

Attached Files

Edited by HRSCR, 25 May 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

I believe the images are simply failing to load for some reason.  Narrowing that down is the key.

If you can make one not come up and then send a log from the app, I may see what the error is.

Thanks.

#5 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Ok, give me a minute

#6 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

Log send 2 minutes ago @ebr !Same username here

I navigate to gladiator and now it shows (After one week now it shows).

The last one "Inmortals" doesn't show the logo

#7 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Okay, I was correct, it is failing to load.

I'll have to do some research on why.

Thanks for the log.

• HRSCR likes this

#8 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

Okay, I was correct, it is failing to load.

I'll have to do some research on why.

Thanks for the log.

Thank you very much, take your time, I know your're very busy this days :)

Edited by HRSCR, 25 May 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#9 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

@ebr After the last APP update and hard reset to the Shield updated with Oreo i found a little better some request for the logo/cover but still not good.

I don't know if this coming from the server side. I send you logs yesterday around 8:42 p.m. Central time 

#10 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

@ebr Some news about this? The issue still there. Thanks :)

#11 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Sorry, no I don't have any more information yet.

#12 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15244 posts
  • Local time: 08:22 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

@HRSCR Have you tried replacing the logos, perhaps with smaller dimensions, just to see if it makes a difference?

Can you upload your current GLADIATOR logo image and I'll try it on my Shield and ATV app.
  • HRSCR likes this

#13 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

I know the error that is being thrown - it is just that it is inside of a graphics library we are using and I haven't figured out how to avoid it yet.

Thanks.

• HRSCR likes this

#14 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

@HRSCR Have you tried replacing the logos, perhaps with smaller dimensions, just to see if it makes a difference?

Can you upload your current GLADIATOR logo image and I'll try it on my Shield and ATV app.

Thanks, the issue is there  is not the logo and Gladiator is not the only movie, happends with around + the half of my collection :D

#15 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15244 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

I know the error that is being thrown - it is just that it is inside of a graphics library we are using and I haven't figured out how to avoid it yet.

Thanks.

Thanks, the issue is there  is not the logo and Gladiator is not the only movie, happends with around + the half of my collection :D

OK, no worries :)
  • HRSCR likes this

#16 HRSCR OFFLINE  

HRSCR

Behind the tree

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Update:

I disabled the logo feature meanwhile the issue goes fix, the cover shows up without problems. The weight of the cover are around 1mb, the logo no more of 100kb.

When the logo is disable in the interface, I notice, at the moment of play any movie that the logo shows up with the cover in the upper left corner always and not randomly.

Edited by HRSCR, 11 June 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#17 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15244 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:27 PM

@ebr

Not sure if this is connected, but I don't see my daughter's profile image on the "Select a user" screen when switching accounts in the ATV app.

It's there in the web client, but not the ATV app.

If you want me to open a new thread, I will, but I've just sent in-app logs (user = Master).

EDIT: If I log into my daughter's account, then switch back to my account, her profile image appears on the "Select a user" screen.

Edited by CBers, 11 June 2018 - 12:29 PM.

#18 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

Probably related.  The library we are using is throwing an error on random image loads.  There are updates to the library that may fix it but, unfortunately, it is basically a complete re-write of the API for using it so I haven't taken on upgrading yet to see if it fixes these issues.  On the very short list now though.

• HRSCR likes this

#19 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15244 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

OK, thanks.

Could that also affect movie poster images as well?

#20 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 45278 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

Yes, it affects all the images in the app.  You will notice sometimes that an image you know you have is shown as the default placeholder, then you scroll right a ways and then come back to the one that wasn't showing and it will load in.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: logo, refresh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users