Emby for Kodi - TV Shows all removed on time out to Emby Server

nathz

nathz

Hi again, 

Another bug i think?

My entire TV show library was removed after an update - looking through the logs it seems to be related to a time-out to the server which occurred during the sync?

https://pastebin.com/FTft8uYa

I actually saved a previous log where i lost my library - i mentioned this in another post where i was trying to figure out why certain shows were not showing up... here is the log for that one (looks like pretty much the same error...)

https://pastebin.com/dqGh9sUs

I'm starting to think that my original problems with certain shows not syncing is related to this error...

Please advise...

Angelblue05

Ok I'll work to improve this situation. This is mostly happening because a manual sync is ran at the start. Install the server plugin Kodi companion. Repair or reset your database in Kodi. That should at least restore you to a working state. And with the Kodi companion plugin, it should not need to run a manual sync, this way it will not cause this issue again.

nathz

Thanks for this advice. I Have the kodi companion add-on installed in Emby. I originally had the fast sync enabled but I kept getting errors on the initial load (I'm guessing due to the size of the library) so I disabled this. I will re-enable it after it pulls everything back in again and see how it goes.

I appreciate you trying to come up with a solution to prevent this from happening. Please let me know if you would like me to test something...

Angelblue05

Ok. I'm not sure of the errors you speak of. In Kodi? The fast sync is only used when you first load a Kodi profile (and never during the initial sync).

Yeah, I'm thinking there won't really be a way to fix this except completely bailout of the manual sync. Anyway, you should never need to run a manual sync in you have the Kodi companion. Keep me posted.

A manual sync is taxing on your server because it is used to compare what's in kodi to what's on your server. That takes some time.

Edited by Angelblue05