Emby Client plays SD content only at 480p on Xbox One

rodger.howard

rodger.howard

Hi, does anyone else have this issue - the Emby Theater client plays SD content only at 480P

My Xbox is set to 1080p and all video source files for this example are 720 x 576 or 720 x 480 and in either m4v or mkv container format.  I am not able to capture any screen shots but what I can share is that any film which I play via the app on my Xbox plays at a lower resolution - i.e. grainy, lossy, etc.  I can play the same film on an Nvidia Shield, or even my smart phone (also a Linux box via the browser) or any one of a number of Windows boxes using Kodi ... and the files play as expected.  ONLY when using the Emby Theater client on my Xbox does this issue exist.

Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...
jasonsimth

Hi, does anyone else have this issue - the Emby Theater client plays SD content only at 480P

My Xbox is set to 1080p and all video source files for this example are 720 x 576 or 720 x 480 and in either m4v or mkv container format.  I am not able to capture any screen shots but what I can share is that any film which I play via the app on my Xbox plays at a lower resolution - i.e. grainy, lossy, etc.  I can play the same film on an Nvidia Shield, or even my smart phone (also a Linux box via the browser) or any one of a number of Windows boxes using Kodi ... and the files play as expected.  ONLY when using the Emby Theater client on my Xbox does this issue exist.

Any thoughts?

Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance. Regards,
Edited by jasonsimth