Fire HD10

arrbee99

arrbee99

Just got a Fire HD10 and am wondering which Emby app to download. In the Amazon app store it has Emby for Fire TV and Emby Mobile and it says neither are compatible with this new tablet.

One thing you could do is install the Google play store in order to get an updated mobile app.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
thejacer87

is there an update on this issue? as noted in other threads about the fire tablets, the side-loaded apks can be enabled for the FreeTime for the kids, who are the only users of the tablets

You could install the Google play store and then install our app from there. Thanks.

thejacer87

You could install the Google play store and then install our app from there. Thanks.

I've read this exact response a dozen times in the other threads, and in all of them, users mention it can't be used with FreeTime (which I explicitly said in my post).

I'm curious about an update on the Amazon issue. Have they responded back to you at all? Is there any chance that it will be back up soon?

thejacer87

Only amazon apps apps from amazon store can be flagged(?) for kids profile access (FreeTime)

Edited by thejacer87
  • Like 1

Logos302

I'm wondering about this as well.  Can't load it on my kids tablets, as you can't flag non amazon store apps for use with kids profile.   

• Like 1

thejacer87

Is it possible to give us an answer as to why amazon is blocking this? looking back at all the threads, its been at least a year or more that this has been an issue. and i understand that some will be fine with side loading the app, but a lot of us use the tablet for kids.

They won't give us an answer so that's why we don't have any more information.

Is there anything we can do as users to help?  

Thanks but I don't really think so.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Baenwort

Any hope to getting the Amazon Store version working so that it will be compatibly with screen time controls on kid's accounts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 6:16 PM, Baenwort said:

Any hope to getting the Amazon Store version working so that it will be compatibly with screen time controls on kid's accounts?

Yes that is our goal.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...