audiobook support any?

daedalus

daedalus

may i ask what audiobook support is currently implemented?

all i see is my folder structure, no artist page, no album view, no album resume

am i missing anything?

setting up my audiobooks as 'music library' brings up a proper appearence kind of but also some wired (random?) album sort orders

on album page:

post-143-0-53095500-1526303995_thumb.png

and in 'more of' @ bottom they suddenly get sorted descending incl some quirks @ end:

post-143-0-26249600-1526304069_thumb.png

metadata of albums are all like this, empty except for title and 'date added'

post-143-0-35512500-1526304247_thumb.png

daedalus
audiobooks folder \ author \ album \ CD# \ track#.title.ext

or

audiobooks folder \ author \ book series \ album \ CD# \ track#.title.ext

as 'music library' all gets correctly recognized with all the views

Ok, we still have a little work to do to get those to be treated as one single audio book. thanks.

if i were to guess, i bet they are tagged inconsistently, e.g. some have track numbers, some do not.

I'm guessing that this isn't actually true despite the fact that you're saying this. try comparing the data in the metadata editor between #54 and #10

daedalus

post-143-0-89000000-1526499293_thumb.png   post-143-0-41083200-1526499298_thumb.png

:o  i think i got it, it's sorted by year and than ascending per year

the 2 5x "runaways" had twisted digits in the year, my fault

if you do this by default, maybe you should show and group by year just like the "multi disk view" ?

or let us decide how we want to sort them?

Edited by daedalus

In a music library, no, that's not true. it would be disc #, track #, then title. since none of these have disc or track numbers, they're all just going to be sorted by the title.

Since you changed content type i'm wondering if there's data left over from when you had it as a book library. can you try cloning this album into a new album folder and see how the result compares? thanks.

daedalus

Since you changed content type i'm wondering if there's data left over from when you had it as a book library. can you try cloning this album into a new album folder and see how the result compares? thanks.

changing content type is not possible, i deleted the 'audiobook' library and created a new 'music' library

copied the series to a new drive, and added as new extra library ->

post-143-0-69805900-1526555740_thumb.png

all albums doubled, cause you are combining artist over librarys (couldn't find the option to turn this off), but you see the same sorting scheme

it's cleary decending year -> title ascending, others are sorted the same way

post-143-0-25043300-1526553839_thumb.png

to stay on the first sample, by changing the year from #1 to be the same as #54,#53,#52 (or what ever) i can get it moved around

post-143-0-52030600-1526554186_thumb.png post-143-0-77400000-1526554192_thumb.png

Edited by daedalus

• 4 weeks later...
daedalus

may i ask what audiobook support is currently implemented?

all i see is my folder structure, no artist page, no album view, no album resume

And here's the bottom. It seems OK out of the box, no?

if you call a simple folder structure "audiobook support" than sure its ok

if you hint at the sorting thing this was never a problem in a audiobook library, this are just folders

the 'decending year -> title ascending' happens in the album section of the artist page, and only there, the more section at bottom of an album simply sorts them by title descending

even sorting should be controled by user, this behavior is "ok" for music artists, most don't release multiple numbered albums per year, but i just wanted you to have an eye on this, cause as soon as you reuse this code, in the audiobooks you get this, on first sight, weird looking sorting

Edited by daedalus

• 3 weeks later...
jhoff80

I've been told also that audiobooks don't seem to resume.  The track position is saved and shows in the display on iPhone, but it starts each individual track from the beginning.  I don't use audiobooks myself though so I haven't done much testing there.

I've been told also that audiobooks don't seem to resume.  The track position is saved and shows in the display on iPhone, but it starts each individual track from the beginning.  I don't use audiobooks myself though so I haven't done much testing there.

We'll need to add support for resuming audio books to the iOS app. Thanks.

• Like 1

daedalus

We'll need to add support for resuming audio books to the iOS app. Thanks.

not only the iOS app