Emby for Kodi - Playback status broken

evensteven

evensteven

Hi,

the change in line 112/116 breaks getting playback status in emby when I launch TV shows and movies from widgets. It only works from the full movie list for example. If I revert the change everything is fine and playback status is reported back to emby in all situations.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/commit/7e928a8fc54a07716c02338cd9a7b4b44182b0ff

Regards

Angelblue05

Post your Kodi log capturing this, please. So it can be properly fixed. Thank you.

jonomite

I'm noticing some odd playback status behavior as well. I'll try to shoot you a log capturing the error.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

evensteven

Sorry. Here is a log file. It only contains boot up sequence and resuming the movie from embruary main screen. No playback status reported in the Emby server dashboard.

kodi.log

Edited by evensteven

evensteven

Thanks. It's better. It shows up again. But the playback time in the dashboard is not in sync with kodi. It just counts onwards. If I jump back or forward it doesn't recognize that.

mattyg8

I am on 3.0.25 and have the same issue resuming, It will just play from the start.

This only occurs when opening from a widget.

Angelblue05

I am on 3.0.25 and have the same issue resuming, It will just play from the start.

This only occurs when opening from a widget.

Please provide your Kodi log. Try to resume from widget in your testing. Also confirm that you do see a resume dialog when resuming from widget. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

mattyg8

I have attached the log, From Widget the only way it resumes is if I click play, then the menu pops up saying would you like to play from start or resume.

But if I just click the resume button after clicking on the episode it will start from the start.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

I have attached the log, From Widget the only way it resumes is if I click play, then the menu pops up saying would you like to play from start or resume.

But if I just click the resume button after clicking on the episode it will start from the start.

Something really strange I'm seeing, Playback starting twice. The first play has the resume point, but one second later, it plays again, but this time without the resume point. Can you try resetting your database to rule that out? It's not something I experience myself when playing from widgets.

Launch the emby add-on, reset local database: yes/yesorno/no. Keep me posted.

Edited by Angelblue05

mattyg8

Something really strange I'm seeing, Playback starting twice. The first play has the resume point, but one second later, it plays again, but this time without the resume point. Can you try resetting your database to rule that out? It's not something I experience myself when playing from widgets.

Launch the emby add-on, reset local database: yes/yesorno/no. Keep me posted.

Now you mention it, I do remember that everything I play even if i havent watched it, will start for a second then restart.

I also have the issue that once the video is finished it will repeat the episode even if I do not have it set to repeat.

I will reset the data base

• Like 1

Angelblue05

What is your default play action? And to confirm, you initiated playback once?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Well now that I think about it. It has nothing to do with it. I think I saw something, but can you confirm you initiated playback only once?

Angelblue05

Sorry what do you mean

I'm comparing to my own log (we use the same version), but it seems to behave slightly different. If you use the skin estuary, do you experience the issue? If not, which skin are you using and what is the widget based of? a Playlist you made or?

Edited by Angelblue05

mattyg8

I'm comparing to my own log (we use the same version), but it seems to behave slightly different. If you use the skin estuary, do you experience the issue? If not, which skin are you using and what is the widget based of? a Playlist you made or?

I use titan skin and use the Netflix 2 layout

• 3 weeks later...