Photo

New way to update Emby-Server ?

update emby-server 3.4 apt-get

Best Answer slevin7 , 14 May 2018 - 06:00 AM

wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/3.4.1.0/emby-server-deb_3.4.1.0_amd64.deb
sudo service stop emby-server
sudo dpkg -i emby*

At least this is the way i do this and never had a problem with loosing any data.
By the way the Link is a sample. normaly i grab them by right klick on the Link and than copy url.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Pasha1402 OFFLINE  

Pasha1402

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 08:00 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Did the same as above (Ubuntu 16.04 host). Everything worked out fine except: collections within movies are gone and became new library called "Collections" with content of original collections within original movie library... odd.

Any idea how to avoid such behavior?

#22 arco OFFLINE  

arco

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Did the same as above (Ubuntu 16.04 host). Everything worked out fine except: collections within movies are gone and became new library called "Collections" with content of original collections within original movie library... odd.

Any idea how to avoid such behavior?

Something similar happened for me too, and I couldn't figure out how to get my collections back. Probably need to set them up all over again. :(

#23 zenwryly OFFLINE  

zenwryly

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

For anyone who was using the old OpenSUSE APT repository and would like to keep using APT to keep their Emby server's up to date, I've built a simple utility that builds a simple APT repository from the official Emby *.deb releases.  Let me know if you have any issues.

#24 nicheplayer OFFLINE  

nicheplayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Local time: 12:00 PM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

The legacy package is set up to store data in /var/lib/emby-server, and the new package is set up to store it in /var/lib/emby
So, assuming you haven't upgraded yet:
Stop emby server (sudo systemctl stop emby-server)
Make a backup of your current /var/lib/emby-server, just in case
Uninstall the legacy package (sudo dpkg -r emby*)
Search for any remaining emby files in /etc and delete them.
Install the new package (sudo dpkg -i emby*)
Stop emby server (sudo systemctl stop emby-server)
Edit /etc/emby-server-conf and change the existing line to EMBY_DATA=/var/lib/emby-server
Delete /var/lib/emby
Start emby-server (sudo systemctl start emby-server)

Thank you for posting this. If I’ve already downloaded the 3.4.1.deb and use the dpkg -r emby* command, will that command remove *only* installed packages? I.e., not the new one I just downloaded?

#25 arco OFFLINE  

arco

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

Thank you for posting this. If I’ve already downloaded the 3.4.1.deb and use the dpkg -r emby* command, will that command remove *only* installed packages? I.e., not the new one I just downloaded?

Yes, it only removes what's installed.

• nicheplayer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, emby-server, 3.4, apt-get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users