Subtitles Not Displaying On Xbox

Scott310

Scott310

Hi there,

I checked and the subtitles work just fine on PC but Xbox will not display .srt subtitles for me. 

Is anyone else noticing this?

They aren't displaying in Ember either.

Scott310

Oh correction on my part. e issue I am referring to is with .sub and .idx files not displaying.

Scott310

Here is the log.  I think this might be the right one.  I tried playing the movie in both ember and Emby and both would not display the subs.

Log234.txt

Scott310

Any thoughts on this?  I think I've provided what you need but let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

The log looks OK. Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

Scott310

I'm uploading the movie to my one drive now.  The subs play fine in VLC media player as well as the PC download of Emby theater.  The only place they don't display is xbox one.

Scott310

I have to leave for a little while but I should be able to post the link to my one drive later tonight.  Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I tested these subtitles and they are working just fine for me. Based on your log it appears the subtitle track was never selected.

Scott310

Thanks for the reply @@Luke. I wish the solution were that easy. I tried ticking the subs on and off multiple time and they still will not display.

Scott310

I just checked again and with this file it seems there are two sets of subs. The full English subs will display for me but the forced one do not.

Whether they are forced or not, what i'm saying is, i selected them and then i saw subtitles. 

Scott310

That's strange. Then I don't know why I am not able to see them. Maybe I'll just have to try a different sub file because it definitely doesn't show for me. Thanks for looking into it.

FrostByte

If you have any sub/idx files you want to post I'll add them to one of my movies and give it a try.  All of subtitles are srt and work fine.