Apple TV - browsing collection using A-Z scroll

psybertech

Edgephoto

Where are we with this must have function?

Without this switching from Plex will not happen. This has been "being looked into" for years.

Jeffy.fisher@gmail.com

Same place as we have been for too long. Give it up. No one is listening.  Plex has it. It’s just too hard for the Emby Team or they just don’t care. Shame really; considering that Apple is quite a big company with quite a big user base. Use Plex instead. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Edgephoto
On 7/13/2022 at 1:48 AM, Jeffy.fisher@gmail.com said:

Same place as we have been for too long. Give it up. No one is listening.  Plex has it. It’s just too hard for the Emby Team or they just don’t care. Shame really; considering that Apple is quite a big company with quite a big user base. Use Plex instead. 

As much as I wanted to like Emby I can't make the switch. I cancelled my Premiere subscription and will continue to monitor the AppleTV app for proper function. If it ever works like it should I will revisit the server software again.

• 1 month later...
Jeffy.fisher@gmail.com

Hi skuup. If you’ve read this topic back to the beginning when I raised it you’ll get a feeling for the importance Emby is placing on its Apple TV users. Look out for a nice discounted Plex subscription. Valid for life and , guess what, it works just as it should. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer using Emby over Plex  but at the end of the day I need a system that will work on my AppleTV with my 1200+ movie collection - and that ain’t Emby. 

• 6 months later...
WaterMonster

It’s really time to update the Apple TV Emby app to play 4k content. All my 4K content plays without issues on Emby IOS MacOS and WebOS Apps without buffering. On the Apple TV App there is constant buffering. Also please add a alpha numerical index to the Apple TV and WebOS apps as what appears IN THE iOS app content selection.

1 minute ago, cnwinger said:

Update?

Hi, yes, we're still looking into this, but there's a number of UI updates coming so it's moving up the list. Thanks.