problem downloading schedulesdirect guide data

vince01

vince01

I subscribed to Emby Premier to to try the live TV and DVR service. After setting up a trial account on schedulesdirect, in emby, I try to add a Guide Data Provider and select "Schedules Direct". When I enter my schedulesdirect username and password and click save, it just says

Alert

There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

and leaves a circular animation on the screen that never goes away.

Hi @@vince01, this error suggests that it is unable to reach the schedules direct api. Could something on your end be blocking it?

If you can please attach the emby server log, then i can verify that this is what is happening. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

vince01

OK. I have attached the log.

It is apparently talking to the server. I Loaded this URL from the log, directly in the browser, and it loaded fine,

https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/available/countries

but it seems to error on the following HTTP POST request.

I see the line in the log,

System.ArgumentException: Password is required 

If that is the actual error, I don't know why. I am entering the same username and password that I used when I created the schedulesdirect account and it is working when I log in via the web site.

emby.log

The schedules direct setup page has two forms on it. are you sure you clicked the first save button under form #1 with the username and password? you do that first, then proceed to step #2. Please try that. Thanks.

vince01

I'm not sure I understand what forms you are talking about. When I log in to schedulesdirect, under

My Account, there are links to Edit Account Details, Change Password, or add or edit my lineups. I already created a lineup for my zip code. Under Edit Account Details -> Software you use, I have already checked Emby under the JSON section. I just now went and clicked Save on that page again. It made no difference. 

Under

http://app.emby.media/livetvguideprovider.html?type=schedulesdirect

I am entering the same username and password that logs me into my schedulesdirect.org account.

This is the two-step form I'm referring to in Emby:

5afb3254889fb_Untitled.png

Did you fill this out?

vince01

There is no second part.  This is all that I get when I try to add the schedules direct account.

post-313560-0-45268900-1526414816_thumb.png

Edited by vince01

Right ok. You have to complete the first part first. Did you enter your schedules direct username and password, and then click save?

vince01

Yes.  That's what I said in my original posting.  When I enter the username and password, which logs me into the schedules direct web site, it gives me this...

post-313560-0-11767300-1526441064_thumb.png

ok, are you absolutely certain you're entering the correct schedules direct username and password? perhaps try resetting your SD password?

vince01

ok, are you absolutely certain you're entering the correct schedules direct username and password? perhaps try resetting your SD password?

Yes. I am certain.  Unless there is some other password setting in schedulesdirect other than the one I use to log into their web site.

I went ahead and changed the password anyway to be sure,  logged out of schedulesdirect.org and logged back in to test it.  It worked fine.

Tried entering it in Emby.  Same problem.  Looked at the Emby log and I see the same log error.

It's as if Emby is just not sending my password.

vince01

Thanks for the help Luke.

I'm using firefox 59.0.3.  That was apparently the problem.  I finally tried chrome and it works.  That's pretty strange.  Firefox isn't exactly an obscure browser.  I use it for all my other browsing.

Now I have another problem.  Live TV doesn't work on the Roku Emby app.  The Emby box under My Media just says "Emby Premiere required", even though I have a premiere subscription.  I only have one day left of my 7 day trial on schedules direct.  Unfortunately, if I don't get these issues all resolved by then, I guess we will be going with Plex.  So far, everything has worked nicely out of the box with Plex.  It just doesn't have DVR control from the Roku.  I was hoping that Emby does.  Also, Emby seems to play back a bit quicker and smoother.

vince01

OK.  That was it.  Thanks.  I didn't think to check that because I already entered it in the other browser and thought it was stored in the server.  Also because live TV and guide was working in the browser (chrome).

Anyway, other than not working in Firefox, it seems to all be working now.

I appreciate the help.

That's strange because it is stored on the server. Glad to hear it's working again though. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
vince01

Now that my 7 day schedulesdirect trial ended and I payed for a subscription, I'm having the same damn problem in Chrome as I do in Firefox. Now I cannot add it as the provider using either browser. Again, I get that same pop up error and it doesn't give me the rest of the form after clicking "Save". I'm also seeing that same line in the log,

I know the login and password are correct. I have tested it over and over by logging into the schedules direct web site.

I had deleted my schedulesdirect account from Emby for a few days after the trial until I got around to paying for the service. Is there anything else in my environment that could be causing this? This is getting frustrating. I had no problem getting guide data in Plex. But I would really like to use Emby.

I really can't think of anything. I just haven't seen this before. After your trial from SD expired you didn't need to do anything in Emby. All you had to do was renew it and then the next guide refresh in Emby would have brought in new guide data.

vince01

I had setup a new SD account to get the free trial to try out Emby. I switched back to my old SD account from a few years ago and renewed that one. The other reason I deleted the Emby account was that I got an email from SD asking me to disable polling their server until I re-subscribed. The only way I saw to do that was to delete it from Emby until I got around to re-subscribing.

vince01

No. I tried everything I could think of. Firefox, Chrome, clearing browser caches, verified my SD login and password multiple times. I finally gave up and went back to Plex. The guide has been working out of the box with no problems with it.

I still have Emby setup at the moment and I bought 2 months of Schedules direct guide service. I think my Emby premier subscription ends on the 11th. I'm open to suggestions if anybody knows anything else to try.

arche

It's a long shot and only a guess on my side, do you have auto fill with your passwords set? I was having an issue that no matter when I put in the right password firefox would for some reason override the password with my saved admin password and give a error. This is the original post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52338-adding-password-in-firefox/

Just a long shot idea.