Projeto para 250 usuários

luukass22

luukass22

Ola, gostaria de saber, qual hardware necessário para montar um projeto para 250 usuários simultâneos, possuo uma venda de internet em minha cidade, e possui essa média de internet, talvez eu consiga alocar Hardware em um provedor de um amigo, mas não sei qual maquina seria capaz disso, alguém poderia me ajudar?

Jdiesel

@@pir8radio or @@Jdiesel how do your setups compare? he's looking to be able to accommodate 250 simultaneous users.

I only have 8 users and have only tried up to 8 simultaneous transcodes under test conditions so I can't really comment.

You might want to message someone like baconfeet who sells accounts. I think he is running a dual E5-2683 V3 server with 28 cores.

Edited by Jdiesel

Depends on what are doing. Are they all transcoding, or are they just browsing around their media collection, direct playing, etc.

luukass22

supondo que 250 usuários estejam fazendo a conexão direta sem transcodificação, a um filme de 1080p, quando de banda cada usuário irá consumir, e qual hardware preciso para essa execução ? grato

assuming that 250 users are making the direct connection without transcoding, to a 1080p movie, when bandwidth will each user consume, and what hardware do I need for that execution? thankful 

pir8radio

supondo que 250 usuários estejam fazendo a conexão direta sem transcodificação, a um filme de 1080p, quando de banda cada usuário irá consumir, e qual hardware preciso para essa execução ? grato

assuming that 250 users are making the direct connection without transcoding, to a 1080p movie, when bandwidth will each user consume, and what hardware do I need for that execution? thankful 

@@pir8radio, any suggestions?

The bitrate is what matters, you say 1080p movie with no transcodeing, i have 1080p movies that vary.  for example the two movies below are 1080p but the first one uses 4 times the bandwidth as the second one. 

Using the first movies stats for 250 users, you would need about a 5215.502 GB internet connection

Using the second movie's stats for 250 users, you would need about a 1295.829 GB internet connection.   

FIRST MOVIE:

Resolution1920x1080

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.976

Bitrate16204 kbps

SECOND MOVIE:

Resolution1920x1080

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.9760246

Bitrate4026 kbps

Internet connections aside, there are other hardware bottlenecks,  you need a single hard disk array capable of moving 5.3GB/s just to get the movies from drive to network.  I say single because you don't know what movies the users will be watching to spread them out over multiple arrays.  If you do then you can do some other math. 

Long story short, can it be done, I believe so...  I would love to try to build that system, but if I was doing it myself I would look into load balancing between multiple servers using NGINX and IP-Hash.

Given the math above, if none of my users transcoded I believe my server could support 90 users with video one or about 360 users using video two, assuming my array could keep up, which I don't think it could. 

That said my server stats are in my signature image below. 

You need to be very specific with what you want to do, is it a movie site that you will be charging for with all kinds of different videos?  Is it a school site that only one video will be viewed by all users?    Is it a church site that all users will be viewing the same 5 files?  Is 250 just a wish or your realistic concurrent connections. There are too many variables to say "you need XXX".

Edited by pir8radio