[BUG] DTS no longer supported for 2018 TV devices results in no sound

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

That's correct.  Timing is based on Samsung release of the next version so I can't confirm that.

Will it also downgrade DTS-X to ac3? About release time: at least are we talking about days or weeks or even months? 

Edit: One more question, since we are on EMBY forum, does this feature have anything to do with emby and will it also work with mkv movies from hdd?

Edited by Emp0ri0

Will it also downgrade DTS-X to ac3? About release time: at least are we talking about days or weeks or even months? 

Edit: One more question, since we are on EMBY forum, does this feature have anything to do with emby and will it also work with mkv movies from hdd?

Unfortunately it could be days, weeks or months.  We just can't say.

The conversion of DTS to AC3 is an Emby feature so it won't help for direct play from hdd.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• Like 1

FrostByte

This bug can be closed.  The app now automatically converts DTS to AC3 for 2018 and later TVs which no longer support DTS and then Direct Streams the movie to TV. 

Thanks @@Luke @@SamES

TylerV76

This bug can be closed.  The app now automatically converts DTS to AC3 for 2018 and later TVs which no longer support DTS and then Direct Streams the movie to TV. 

Thanks @@Luke @@SamES

Not happening on my 2018 nu8000. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled? Currently I get no sound on any DTS files. 

FrostByte

Not happening on my 2018 nu8000. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled? Currently I get no sound on any DTS files. 

Yes, on the server under users profile you need both the second and the fourth boxes in the pic below checked in order for it to automatically convert DTS to AC3

5cf297a6b8adf_wma.jpg

• Like 1

TylerV76

Yes, on the server under users profile you need both the second and the fourth boxes in the pic below checked in order for it to automatically convert DTS to AC3

5cf297a6b8adf_wma.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...