Music Library Sync Problems

Marv

Hi,

just tried out syncing my music library with Kodi after a long time.

Had many problems with this in the past but now I want to give it a shot again.

It seems that most is working now but I have the problem with identical named albums from different artists (although I have tagged my whole library using music brainz ids).

For example I have multiple 'Greatest Hits' albums from different album artists. Now when selecting such an album in Kodi I see all songs in it from all Greatest Hits albums.

In Emby I have no issue with this.

The second problem I have is that in Kodi songs from Various Artsits compilation albums for my related album artists are not shown when selecting the specific artist.

In Emby for example when selecting 'Metallica' I get all Metallica albums and all compilation albums with Metallica songs on it shown correctly.

This also works when using a seperate Kodi music library without syncing it with Emby.

So what am I doing wrong here?

Edited by Marv

Angelblue05

Nothing. Music is just a bit more complex to nail down.

You said you have scanned in your music without emby for kodi? Could I be so bold as to ask you to pm me both kodi music database? So I can spot the differences and adjust emby for kodi accordingly?

sure, will send you both databases in the next days. have to revert back to music without emby for kodi first ;)

another thing I just noticed: the album label isn't synced to Kodi aswell it seems. And are there any plans to support comment and mood tags for ID3v2.3 in emby?

Edited by Marv
  • Like 1