MediaPortal TV Plugin not working since update to emby 3.4

nanuk

There's no maintained source of MPExtended. Despite the few changes that regezster has made, it's dead since years already.

I have noticed.  The work that Oxan and DieBagger did on MPExtended and aMPdroid was amazing and ahead of its time. It is sad to see such great work languish, and MP along with it.  At the risk of starting a philosophical debate, MediaPortal's treatment of remote access as being anything less than the "killer use case" is where they went wrong; Kodi is largely in the same boat here.  By current standards, making media available on mobile devices and remote PCs is every bit as important as delivering a cinematic experience in the living room on a purpose-buiit HTPC.  The fact that Emby (and for that matter, Plex) realizes this is a big part of what makes Emby so compelling.

I've also been less than amused with the MP team politics, most notably the conflict they had with former team member BassFan that resulted in the removal of music visualizations starting in MP1.11.  It is troubling on multiple levels, including not only the coverup of the conflict in the forum, but also in that removal of his library from MP was even possible.  I'm admittedly not well versed in the legal aspects of intellectual property rights associated with source contributions to open source projects, but this needs to be a one-way street (i.e., you cannot revoke rights to include code already contributed).

And in the end, that's why I am here.  I want my media everywhere.  Not only is MP incapable of delivering on this, but it is a bureaucratic mess that I am trying to migrate away from it as much as possible.

The same has become true to TVServer 3.5 of MediaPortal. Unfinished state. Not usable. No developer anymore. It's dead.

I noticed that too. There are virtually no references to TVE3.5 on the MP web site any more; even the years-late MP2 seems to have given up plans to adopt it in favor of TVE3.  Not that I have anything against TVE3 from a technical perspective.  As I mentioned earlier, it's been working quite well for me for a long time.  In fact, it was TVE3 that attracted me to MP in the first place back when I first started setting up a media center in 2012.  In many ways, it was the most advanced and most capable portion of MP, and in fact the only part that had a client-server architecture.

Edited by sjevtic

It seems as if Emby and FFmpeg are trying to start streaming before the video stream has stabilized.

That was also my thinking. @Luke is there some kind of timeout in Emby?

Any further thoughts on this?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I recently upgraded to Emby 4.1.0.5 and MediaPortal Plugin 1.9.0.0.  The EPG time problem seems to have magically gone away.  Thanks.

That said, there doesn't seem to be any improvement with tuning channels, even when setting the stream delay in the Emby plugin to something very long (e.g., 12000 ms) in an attempt to allow the stream to stabilize.

I recently upgraded to Emby 4.1.0.5 and MediaPortal Plugin 1.9.0.0.  The EPG time problem seems to have magically gone away.  Thanks.

That said, there doesn't seem to be any improvement with tuning channels, even when setting the stream delay in the Emby plugin to something very long (e.g., 12000 ms) in an attempt to allow the stream to stabilize.

Hi there, can we please look at an example with the server and ffmpeg logs? thanks !

Hi there, can we please look at an example with the server and ffmpeg logs? thanks !

I posted logs some time ago; if new ones are required, please advise, and if so, an appropriate value for the Stream Delay setting in the MediaPortal plugin for Emby.