MacOS Setup

Luke

Seeing I ran a "sudo" command for the old method through terminal, how do I cancel it?

Reason I ask is because I installed the OSX package, and I still see 2 Media Browsers (like last time) and none of them will load fully, just shows a "loading" symbol on my xbox one.

Also, on OSX when I click on Media Browser and select Browse Media. My Movies folder is synced, but my TV folder isn't. I've had this issue since the previous update.

Here is my log: http://paste2.org/N2YmCt7p

Edited by dinggus

Gododgerz

I think running the sudo commands etc. during the previous install method have also caused an issue for me. I have no idea to revert back to my original computers state so that the new installer can perform a clean install. Any ideas?

Before it was just a manual portable app. There wasn't actually an installation. I would think you could just delete the folder and you'll be fine, but I am not a longtime mac user so I'm sure there are others here know better.

With the new install even though it is the same application, I'm not sure how osx would associate them together given the different delivery methods. But i could be wrong.

akafester

You can kill the sudo command in the activity monitor under the CPU tab.

That should fix the problem you have with the installer.

thefarmer

I've had my Mac for a week, so I'm not up to scratch yet on some basics. I've installed media browser, but I'm having issues trying to map network folders to scan media.

I've used IP addresses, hostnames, \\ and //, and all I get is a message saying please fill out path.

Any ideas what I've missed?

Thnx

I've had my Mac for a week, so I'm not up to scratch yet on some basics. I've installed media browser, but I'm having issues trying to map network folders to scan media.

I've used IP addresses, hostnames, \\ and //, and all I get is a message saying please fill out path.

Thnx

It's hard to picture what you're describing. A screenshot would be helpful. thanks.

Nate8727

Thnx

Try closing the MB app, then opening it again. I had the same problem when I first tried using it. After that it was fine.

Nate8727

Will there be updates from the dashboard for Mac, or do we still have to update manually?

Edited by Nate8727

You can kill the sudo command in the activity monitor under the CPU tab.

That should fix the problem you have with the installer.

What am I looking for under the CPU tab?

akafester

What am I looking for under the CPU tab?

The sudo command. It's just called sudo. If it isn't in the list it's not running and your problem may lay elsewhere. 

akafester

Thnx

Try closing the MB app, then opening it again. I had the same problem when I first tried using it. After that it was fine.

If that doesn't work. Have you mapped the the share in finder? Go -> connect to server, type

smb://server-ip-or-name 

afp://server-ip-or-name 

nfs://server-ip-or-name

depending on what kind of share you are using. 

Nate8727

The latest update is basically unresponsive.  When trying to go past the dashboard, the loading circle appears and thats it.  I can't search for movies/tv shows, nor can I browse the library.  I don't think I had the same issues with the previous release.

Nate8727

server-63553334400.txtserver-63553420801.txtserver-63553507201.txttranscode-b6ebcdb8-340a-4521-a58d-b544e2fbaa42.txt

Ok, here are some other issues along with what I was having in the previous post.  I've attached log files (It's kind of a pain to find them until you enable hidden folders on the mac).  The other 2 issues I'm having now are Movies and TV Shows aren't showing up on the web interface, and there are no images in the web interface or the Rokus.

I'm getting an error message which I have 2 screenshots that show what I mean.

Hope this helps.

548464fb57ea1_ScreenShot20141207at81838A5484650cc430e_ScreenShot20141207at81915A

• 3 weeks later...

i've pushed an update to the mac installer. please try again.

please note that some of these failures may be cached by the browser. in order to properly test you need visit a page in the web interface that you didn't visit before. so for example, open a different movie then you tested earlier. then it it works, clear your browser cache.

Nate8727

i've pushed an update to the mac installer. please try again.

please note that some of these failures may be cached by the browser. in order to properly test you need visit a page in the web interface that you didn't visit before. so for example, open a different movie then you tested earlier. then it it works, clear your browser cache.

It's working now.  Thanks!

grimsage

Two questions:

Is there a reason this is a pkg file instead of a dmg?

How difficult it would be to move the .config into ~/Library/Application Support/?  As this is the common location settings for a program are stored on OS X.

A Comment:

I am working on getting this added to caskroom https://github.com/caskroom/homebrew-cask/pull/8544

Hopefully you are ok with that, if you are not please let me know and I will remove it.

pkg yes so that it can eventually go into the mac app store. i will not likely maintain both a pkg and dmg just on account of the extra work.

config can be moved easily without a migration. we could probably just make the switch while this installer is so new that it a relatively small audience.