Convert recordings to MKV option removed?

Kramerika

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy - I am just curious as to why not. 

I have found that for my usage scenario it works fine but just needing a simple remux of a .ts file to .mkv it's more what I need because it is designed to do a lot more.

However, I have been using the getchannels DVR for the past month and they have a post-processing function to mark the commercials in recordings as chapters and with one button you can skip over them within their app (you can also do it in Kodi). This led me to play around with this feature in MCEBuddy because you can have it remux the file and mark the commercials as chapters and produce an edl file. Kodi will use that to auto skip the commercials. This is better to me than cutting out the commercials because comskip isn't always accurate, especially on some channels. 

Now, if the Android app would allow chapter skipping with one button I would be set but as it is now I am having to use Kodi for this (or MrMC). 

for me it just seemed to be a tool dumbed down far too much and the quality of output was always appalling. and i don't use that word lightly. perhaps it worked better with non UK tv but if i want to keep a show videoredo is always my goto tool. and even there i would manually cut

spikemixture

for me it just seemed to be a tool dumbed down far too much and the quality of output was always appalling. and i don't use that word lightly. perhaps it worked better with non UK tv but if i want to keep a show videoredo is always my goto tool. and even there i would manually cut

Are you talking about MCEBuddy   "the quality of output was always appalling"

If you are then you were definitely using a different version /model than I have used in the last 18 months

Spaceboy

Odd statement considering you have used it and stated it does too much. :P

I must have missed the EULA that says you must use every feature!

My "personal" opinion is it is a great program for simple jobs and big complicated jobs

i didnt say that. try reading more carefully

Are you talking about MCEBuddy   "the quality of output was always appalling"

If you are then you were definitely using a different version /model than I have used in the last 18 months

whoppee for you

spikemixture

i didnt say that. try reading more carefully

whoppee for you

Yep thanks 

Although I don't know this whoppee ? Is that like a burger for me ? No that would be a whopper.

Maybe you should check your spelling more carefully! 

• 1 month later...
HeadHodge

I am on Windows.  As a batch file, this works (substituting the actual file names), but through the post processing in Emby DVR, it does not.  Is it not passing {path} to the second command?

HandBrakeCLI -i "{path}" -o "{path}".mkv -f av_mkv -a 1 -E copy:ac3 -e x264 -q 22.0 --cfr -r 29.97 --loose-anamorphic --encoder-preset medium --encoder-profile high --encoder-level 4.1 && del "{path}"

I stole your example and successfully used it to create a working windows batch file. It deletes the original file successfully. It also creates a log file that logs the detailed output of the handbrake job.

Batch File Contents:

@@Echo off
echo Convert %1 > d:\convert.log

c:
cd "\Program Files\HandBrake\"
HandbrakeCLI -i %1 -o d:\test.mkv -f av_mkv -a 1 -E copy:ac3 -e x264 -q 22.0 --cfr -r 29.97 --loose-anamorphic --encoder-preset medium --encoder-profile high --encoder-level 4.1 > d:\handbrake.log 2>&1

del %1 >> d:\convert.log 2>&1

Add the batch file to the emby dvr post processing command.
post-397870-0-11024200-1545678553_thumb.png
Edited by HeadHodge