Cannot access recorded TV on network share

mikej135

mikej135

Recently, I have noticed that I cannot play recorded TV that is stored on a network share.

My setup is as follows :-

I have a Windows computer that records the TV using WMC and then I have a Synology NAS running Emby that accesses this computer via a network share.

Looking at the server log file I can see it is trying to open the file to play, but fails because the path is incorrect. Instead of \\<computer name>, it is using \<computer name>.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sammy

Did you check the path in the server settings?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mikej135

Under the serverwmc plugin settings, I have the "Linux Recorded TV path" set to the directory path on my Synology NAS which is actually an SMB network share mounted from my windows media center computer.

krustyreturns

Why are you using the linux path?  Can't the emby machine just access the nas directly using the network share path entered in serverwmc?

mikej135

Maybe I am misunderstanding how I should set the serverwmc plugin up? My setup used to work.

I have an emby server on my NAS running the serverwmc plugin. My WMC computer is running Windows.

The serverwmc plugin IP/name points to my windows computer. The Linux 'Recorded TV' path field is the Linux directory path of the SMB mount of the WMC recorded TV network share. The NAS has read/write access to this directory.

I think we are forgetting why that field was even added to the plugin. If you can attach an emby server log from the playback attempt that might help us see what's going on. thanks.

Ok so now i remember, you need to mount the recorded tv folder as a local share in your OS, and then use that setting in the plugin to enter the path to that local share.

mikej135

And that is what I have.

I have mounted the recorded TV directory as a local share and have added the Linux directory path to the serverwmc plugin.

I am at a loss to know what else to try.

I have only recently noticed that I am unable to watch recorded TV.

mikej135

The Linux 'Recorded TV' path is set to /volume1/tom/RecordedTV.

If you change directory to this path on my NAS, you will get to \\tom\Recorded TV on my WMC computer.