Having trouble with disabling the login function. I am using an external server that is supposed to direct me to the home.html, but it calls login.htm

Bastino

You can't disable the login function. The best thing you can do is make sure your users have no password.

• 3 months later...
bpbenich

I've actually been working on something that could satisfy what you are looking to do; however for simplicity, it would be much easier to make a user with no password like @@Luke said. What I'm working on is much more complicated.

I'm currently stuck on it and maybe someone could give me a hint or push in the right direction. I've been looking at trying to merge the sessions of both my web server and Emby. Essentially I want users to be able to login to my web server, and when doing so, my web server, using Emby's API, start a web session with Emby. So when they login to my web server, they are seamlessly logged into Emby.

@@Bastino could essentially remove the need to authenticate with emby by using a web server (within the same domain) to create a new, unique emby session for each redirect to Emby. You'll probably want to find a way to clean up dropped sessions, but that probably wouldn't be too difficult.

The part I'm stuck on is identifying how emby recognizes and validates a session. Through the API I get an access token and session id, but I don't see this type of information in the cookies emby creates. There is a 'session_id' value, but it doesn't match the length of either the token or session id. I'm still in the infancy of understanding and dissecting these actions, but I don't think I'm too far out.

Edited by bpbenich

bpbenich

I was afraid of that. Local storage uses the port when determining access to make/read them. So my web server on port 80 can't directly make the local storage changes. But I'm hoping it wouldn't be too hard for me to add some kind of handler on Emby's side to create cookies on my web servers request. 

I've been looking at the local storage too, and I see 'servercredentials3', but I only see a value like this: 

{"Servers":[{"DateLastAccessed":1534949766253,"LastConnectionMode":2,"ManualAddress":"https://<DOMAIN-NAME>:8920","manualAddressOnly":true,"Name”:”<PARTIAL-SERVER-NAME>…

I can't seem to find the access token, and it might be because for some reason and I don't know why, but my viewer shows a "..." where I'm assuming more information like the token is stored.