Odd fanart bug when using banners

CrossCech
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

CrossCech

Good day!

I've recently run across a strange bug in using banner fanart. My current setup is Emby Server 3.4.1.0 (the latest) and I use Emby for Windows Media Center client.  

I have a large collection of American Football games for a specific NFL team I follow. I have several full seasons dating back to 2004, plus a smattering of games all the way back to 1976. Let me preempt by saying that my football collection folder type is Home videos & photos. Reason being is TV shows folder type adds additional layers to drill down through before finally getting to the play screen. Home videos & Photos gives me the ability to go season > game > play. Short and sweet. I've tried TV Show folder type, but it doesn't resolve the weird bug that I'm dealing with.

Here is the folder structure. Football/NFL Team/2017/2017 Week 01 Team A at Team B.mkv 

Inside the /NFL Team folder are folders for each season 2004, 2005, 2006, .... 2017.  Inside those folders are all the games for their respective season (no additional folders for each game). I know the naming convention is not the typical s01e01 style, but I'm ok with manually editing Titles and sort names in Metadata Manager - one of the main reasons I chose Emby over other media managers, the ability to manually edit.

Because there is no NFL games fanart scrappers, I create my own & manually enter them in Metadata Manager for each game. For individual games (episode), banners (jpg and png) work as they should and appear correct inside each season in EMC view style Details. No problems here at all. I can scroll down through all the games and each banner is there.

The problem is when I enter banners (jpg and png) for each Season at the season level in MM, the banner shows up correctly in EMC, but then for whatever reason Emby MM adds a "banner.jpg" episode inside the season at the bottom of the list of episodes. Why does the season banner.jpg in the season folder show up as media to watch in the episode list? Is there a way to tell Emby server or EMC to not consider .jpg or .png as playable media, therefore not list it as an episode?  

What's odd is that TV Shows I have in TV Shows folder type, the season banners don't also end up in the episode list as banner.jpg. So I tried TV Shows folder type with my football games thinking this should resolve the issue. Nope ... banner.jpg still shows up in the episode list as something to watch.

Any thoughts?

• Solution

Why does the season banner.jpg in the season folder show up as media to watch in the episode list?

Probably because you have photo support enabled for the library.

• Like 1

CrossCech

Probably because you have photo support enabled for the library.

Seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks!