Metadata storage and backup

omegga

omegga

I use emby along with an rclone mounted google drive and every time it scans the library for new media, it takes a lot of time and bandwidth as well. Now, that's fine for regular use, but, I want to move my server to another computer. And, it looks like I need to re-scan everything and last time, it took 3-4 full days to do that. Is there a better way to migrate the metadata along with the server?

I tried storing the metadata along with the media items. But, on testing with a few folders, it seems to be replacing the old nfo files and metadata with new ones after scanning the media again. Is it supposed to do that?

But, on testing with a few folders, it seems to be replacing the old nfo files and metadata with new ones after scanning the media again. Is it supposed to do that?

Hi, not on every scan, but if this is the first scan on the new server then yes.

omegga

Oh. Is there any way for it to just use the current metadata files? Coz, there's no sense in it replacing them coz they basically contain the same information.

Yes, have you explored the metadata saving options on your emby libraries?

omegga

Yes, I have. Which options do I need to change to accomplish that? I tried disabling all metadata providers in hopes that it will use the local metadata, but it doesn't. 

Local metadata always takes priority, but it is also supplemented with internet metadata.

Turn off the internet metadata providers if you don't want them. Similarly, turn off the nfo file saving if you don't want that. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

omegga

Thank you so much, man! Turning off NFO file saver along with all the internet metadata providers did the trick.