Emby Theater Desktop Playback of 3D Movie Remuxes (mk3d or mkv Containers) Freezes After ~26 Minutes

shpitz461

Unfortunately the ipc can't be removed as that is what we use to control mpv during playback, as well as get real-time updates on playback events.

Guest asrequested

Unfortunately the ipc can't be removed as that is what we use to control mpv during playback, as well as get real-time updates on playback events.

I figured that was the case, and I'm not sure it matters. Looking at the sever log (check the excerpts I posted), there appears to be something happening right at the time the playback pauses. I'm thinking, that combined with what's happening because of the pipe may be interrupting the stream and causing it to freeze???

shpitz461

And when it freezes, mpv.exe remains running and you cannot play anything else, have to kill ET for the processes to stop and then relaunch and resume play, then 26 minutes later it happens again...

Guest asrequested

Well, I tried it again so I could get the exact time it froze and see what the server log would say.......sadly nothing out of the ordinary. So that leaves only one thing.....electron. Everything else has been eliminated. It plays through in every mpv build in every other way. And given that the app also completely locks up, electron has to be the one that peed in the pool  :wacko:  :P  :D

shpitz461

haha

If you recall when we tested over a year ago, standalone mpv playback never froze with any 3D movie, only when played through ET, so I don't think the issue was ever with mpv, it can handle the movie properly. It's just when it plays via IPC through ET it is when these errors pile-up and it freezes after 26 minutes of playback, every time.

Guest asrequested

I don't think it's directly related to the out of range errors (but may be part of the equation). I may try commenting out the ipc line and see what happens. I'm sure it'll cause other problems, but it might be interesting to see what happens. I still believe that electron is the problem child.