Emby Theater Desktop Playback of 3D Movie Remuxes (mk3d or mkv Containers) Freezes After ~26 Minutes

shpitz461

Guest asrequested

Wierd. I had the issue with a couple older ATI and NVidia cards and still have it with GT1030's I bought so I could watch my 4K remuxes as well....

Soooo frustrating.

So is it only with mvc or does it affect the other 3D formats as well? I rip everything as mvc so I have nothing to test with.

Other 3d formats are different

Guest asrequested

Here's the log of a successful playback with my GTX 1050, using cuda-copy hardware acceleration. If you guys want to see?

Guest asrequested

I'm using a NUC, can't do anything about the GPU...

I know, just thought a comparison might show something, Maybe give Luke a clue.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
shpitz461

Luke, any progress on this? MPV plays fine the same mk3d files outside of ET but freezes playback after ~26 minutes consistently when MPV is controlled by ET.

I believe doofus was able to point us to the parameters difference between ET and stand-alone launching of MPV.

Can we do something here? If all fails with MPV, can you provide alternatives that will provide playback resumption?

Thanks!

I'm not yet sure what we can do about it. I think this is an exceptional case. @ are you sure the mpv options were exactly the same?

Guest asrequested

I haven't tested it, lately. I think what I need to do is see if I can make it happen in the standalone, and determine what parameter is causing it. You have a number of parameters in the playbackhandler that don't get used in the standalone. It may be to with the direct use of the hwdec via the API. I'll try hacking it again and see if I can break it, and force it to use the mpv.conf. But because each test takes 26 mins, it's a very long process, that I have to find time, for.

Guest asrequested

But I am leaning toward the hwdec API being the issue. I've been wrestling with that, in the past. But now that I'm using auto profiles, it hasn't been so much of a concern. I've got a few ideas. I'll test them out, when I get time.

shpitz461

What are you suggesting renaming it to?

It's really specific to mk3d files played using internal player.

Luke, would it be possible to configure all switched externally? are all the MPV switches sent by ET hardcoded? I wonder if we can try different switches and see if we can find a combination that eliminates the issue...

Happy2Play

And I'm thinking this thread should be renamed/moved?

To what and where?

Happy2Play

Theater desktop, instead of server. And as it's a Theater issue, it probably should be over there.

Done

Guest asrequested

Today I'm running tests on this. I'm stripping out a whole bunch of things from the playbackhandler, that have to do with video. So far, no change. There isn't much more I can remove. No errors are being reported. It's like the stream just ends. I'm starting to think this has to do with delivery, as opposed to playback handling.

Guest asrequested

I do see this in the server log, where it says 'unknown profile'. I don't know if that would make a difference?

2018-09-29 11:45:05.131 Info App: User policy for Peter. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2018-09-29 11:45:05.131 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\Htpc\d\Temp Movie Library\Wonder Woman 3D\Wonder Woman 3D.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
2018-09-29 11:45:05.131 Info App: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 20000000, RemoteIp: 10.1.1.13, IsInLocalNetwork: True
2018-09-29 11:45:05.131 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\Htpc\d\Temp Movie Library\Wonder Woman 3D\Wonder Woman 3D.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
2018-09-29 11:45:05.131 Info App: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 20000000, RemoteIp: 10.1.1.13, IsInLocalNetwork: True

Guest asrequested

And then, when it stops

2018-09-29 12:12:06.698 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://10.1.1.14:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) EmbyTheater/3.0.2 Chrome/61.0.3163.100 Electron/2.0.6 Safari/537.36
2018-09-29 12:12:06.699 Debug App: ReportPlaybackStopped PlaySessionId: 
2018-09-29 12:12:06.699 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Emby Theater 3.0.2 playing Wonder Woman. Stopped at 1588921 ms
2018-09-29 12:12:06.700 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 10.1.1.13. Time: 2ms. http://10.1.1.14:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped