"Unable to switch audio track" - Error while trying to play videos with dual audio, one of them MP3, on Android TV

ibraim

ibraim

Screenshot example:5aeee2419b42c_Screenshot_20180506065546_

Translation by Emby Translation Center: "Unable to switch audio track"

Problem description

Emby for Android TV, in Xiaomi Mi Box 3, does not reproduces MP3 audio in ANY video file with dual audio where the codec of the first audio is MP3 and the second is AAC or AC3.

Emby automatically switches to the next audio (although still reporting being on the first, watch video below).

ALL video files with all other combinations described below work seamlessly (included single and dual MP3 audios):
Dual AAC + AAC
Dual AC3 + AAC
Dual AC3 + AC3
Dual MP3 + MP3 !!!
Single MP3 !!!
Single AAC

I tested approximately 70 video files to substantiate these claims.

Considering this obvious relationship from the beginning, I did not analyze other variables that could be also common to all files where the problem was manifested.

The same files played normally on:
Emby App for Android Mobile
Emby Web (browser)
Emby DLNA from Android Mobile app for Samsung Smart TV model 2014

Problem in action (video):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iaQxfAMsQAAZBeG89

Example of media file that presented the problem:

5aeeea0be72d5_Screenshot_20180506071233_

I hope this can catch the attention of the developers and provide informations for a brief solution.

P.S.: I sent two or three logs following the instructions of this page, around 7 A.M. GMT-3 through the local user "Ibraim" where the error occurred while trying to play the files "Elementary 05x08 WEB 720p Dual Dinho.mkv" and "Riverdale.S02E17.720p.WEB.DUAL.WWW.COMANDOTORRENTS.COM.mkv".

Thanks for the detailed investigation.

This should be fixed with the next release.  If you'd like to test it before then, please jump on the beta for the app.

ibraim

Hello again.

I installed the beta, the error message is not displayed, but the audio also does not work.

The two audios are displayed, but only one is played.

Hello again.

I installed the beta, the error message is not displayed, but the audio also does not work.

The two audios are displayed, but only one is played.

Hi.  A fix for this hasn't gone out yet.  It will be in the next beta.

Thanks.

There is now a new beta version (1.5.84) that should fix this.

Thanks.

ibraim
Solved! Everything was working OK already in version 1.5.8.4 and it still works in the new beta version.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

P.S.: Where can I send suggestions for improvements to Emby? Which is the right place for it. Sometimes I notice some things that could get better...

Hi.  Please search the feature requests forum out here first to see if your suggestion already exists and, if not, create a post there.

Thanks.