Chromecast won't play some files

Gaspar Filmes

Gaspar Filmes

Good evening, friends, during the month, I verified that some files with the same coding (video: h264, audio AAC and etc), exactly the same coding shown in VLC, one plays on chromecast and the other does not. Playing on PC or Mobile, it works normal, but on chromecast it does not. any tips or help? I will send you more data of the event in annex. Thank you

Boa noite amigos, no decorrer desse mes, verifiquei que alguns arquivos com a mesma codificação (video: h264, audio AAC e etc), exatamente a mesma codificação mostrada no VLC, um reproduz no chromecast e o outro não. Reproduzindo no PC ou Celular, funciona normal, mas no chromecast não. alguma dica ou ajuda? vou lhe enviar mais dados do acontecimento em anexo. Obrigado

Gaspar Filmes

Good evening, friends, during the month, I verified that some files with the same coding (video: h264, audio AAC and etc), exactly the same coding shown in VLC, one plays on chromecast and the other does not. Playing on PC or Mobile, it works normal, but on chromecast it does not. any tips or help? I will send you more data of the event in annex. Thank you

Boa noite amigos, no decorrer desse mes, verifiquei que alguns arquivos com a mesma codificação (video: h264, audio AAC e etc), exatamente a mesma codificação mostrada no VLC, um reproduz no chromecast e o outro não. Reproduzindo no PC ou Celular, funciona normal, mas no chromecast não. alguma dica ou ajuda? vou lhe enviar mais dados do acontecimento em anexo. Obrigado

I tested on 2 chromecast, they are both from version 2.

Can you supply the media info for both from the emby web app? Thanks.

drikosv8

Here the same problem, sometimes even wheel, but it is loading a lot of time, almost 4 minutes loading until open !! remembering that we are talking about strm.

Gaspar Filmes

Can you supply the media info for both from the emby web app? Thanks.

Here, thanx

Gaspar Filmes

Here the same problem, sometimes even wheel, but it is loading a lot of time, almost 4 minutes loading until open !! remembering that we are talking about strm.

i forgot to mention, all files are .strm ty

CarlosLima

I reproduced the same problem reported by friends and I also refer to strm files.

Gaspar Filmes

Importante note: the file with the problem, plays after a long wait, about 10 minutes waiting

drikosv8
In the tests I did, I noticed that the files play back and it takes almost 15 minutes to load before being played by the chromecast.

This is happening with strm.

I've attached the image and log for analysis.

Archive Human Marvel Inhuman

post-211408-0-25822800-1525576094_thumb.jpg

log 1.txt

log 2.txt

drikosv8
Luke,

Problem occurs only with strm files

I'll try to be very detailed to help you resolve this issue, as almost all of my users use chromecast.

I ran several tests and the problem occurred with the new update version 3.4.0.0.

In this version 3.4.0.0 when playing a movie on chromecast using strm, until the movie starts, it will load almost 15 minutes until it starts playing, and it is also not possible to advance the movie progress.

Now with version 3.3.1.0, as soon as I play the chromecast, it will play immediately and I can also progress as I should.

I will attach the log of the 2 versions for you to compare and solve, since I am with several clients without using my embryo.

Not all movies do this, but 80% of them have the delay issue to play on chromecast.

The movie I used as an example is the Black Panther.

Log - version 3.3.1.0.txt

Log - version 3.4.0.0.txt

Black Panther.strm.txt

Edited by drikosv8

Gaspar Filmes

I agree and confirm as above on Drikosv8 post, the problem are on this new update v3.4.0. Seems that we are on the point now. My clients are feeding me with a lot of pictures and videos about that problem and its really frustating, i'm sending back that post here to them for an update. I'm waiting urgently for that fix.

CarlosLima

Confirmed problems reported by the two friends, I just asked two customers using Chromecast accessing my strm files and actually 12 to 15 minutes of time to open a video.

Wash

I'm going through the same problem here, in the old version I was normally watching on TV using chromecast, now that it has updated automatically, I'm having to watch for my cell phone because on the TV the image is frozen. Help me please

I'm going through the same problem here, in the old version I was normally watching on TV using chromecast, now that it has updated automatically, I'm having to watch for my cell phone because on the TV the image is frozen. Help me please

Hi @@Wash let's look at an example. Please see how to report a media playback issue:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

drikosv8

I reported the problem in detail and sent 2 logs, did you check? I had to revert to server version 3.3.1.0 as a temporary solution.

We are still waiting for your help.

Please try this again with the next release of Emby Server, thanks.

CarlosLima

HI,
I'm also having this problem with customers using Chromecast, unable to play, that is, 12 or 15 minutes to start playing.
I have seen a beta version 3.4.1.1 and already have that solution or only when leaving the next stable version?
Thank you

drikosv8
Excellent news Luke.

I'm looking forward to everything to be good again.

Thank you