Newe Collapsed Movie Collection View - Long Movie titles truncated

jordy

jordy

Hi ebr,

I like the new collapsed Movie collection view but when I select the collection and have movies with long titles I find they are truncated on my laptop screen (1280 x 800) At full screen all the titles below are truncated but in windowed mode (shown below as the clipping tool won't work while the app is full screen) the amount of truncation depends on the window size - the bigger the window the greater the truncation. Not sure if this is still an issue on my TV screen tho. I'll test tomorrow but it's now bedtime for me. 

533177ffa51c2_CollapseMovies.png5331780d6a744_CollapsedCollectionView.pn

jordy

Sorry ebr. try this. photo of my laptop. The view is what you see when you click on a collapsed collection in Chocolate coverflow

5331e1920e316_20140326063231.jpg

That is just the normal list view.  You can change that to whatever view style you want.  I'm not going to make the list any larger.

jordy

I would be happy with wayne Lukes suggestion. Just make tge titles scroll when they're too long

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I would be happy with wayne Lukes suggestion. Just make tge titles scroll when they're too long

OMG that would look like a 1995 web page ;).  Can you imagine 25 titles all scrolling at once...?

I may investigate wrapping them but this is nothing new.  This list view has been constrained to that size from the beginning.  There are lots of other views.

jordy

Not all at once - only when highlighted. I'll have a look at the other views, but I like this one

jordy

I would also be happy with wrapping. Come to think of it if wrapping long titles was the default that would remove the problem everywhere ... thanks. :-)

I would also be happy with wrapping. Come to think of it if wrapping long titles was the default that would remove the problem everywhere ... thanks. :-)

It actually creates others.  It might work in a list like this that is scrollable but in other areas where vertical space is limited as well, it would create issues if we wrapped items.

If I allow wrapping in that list I'm afraid you're going to get something that looks a bit like a mess since you'll have a bunch of potentially non-uniform sized objects but I'll try it at some point.

jordy

Yeah, I see what you mean. Could you make it switchable? that might be acceptable to all tastes