video restarts when I try to fast forward or rewind and there is no audio.

HoarderofData

HoarderofData

on my Shield tv whenever I play a tv show or movie there is no audio and the fast forward and rewind functions does not work. It just restarts the tv episode or movie.

Log.log

Hi.  That log is unreadable for me.

Can you please explain more about what you are trying to play?

Can you also try refreshing the item from the web app?

Thanks.

HoarderofData

I have refreshed the media still the same result. The media in question is the ice road truckers series. As for the log other than trying to copy it out of the log file into a notepad document. I am not sure how to get it. As it is not in an easily accessible place on Synology which is what the server is running on.

I have refreshed the media still the same result. The media in question is the ice road truckers series. As for the log other than trying to copy it out of the log file into a notepad document. I am not sure how to get it. As it is not in an easily accessible place on Synology which is what the server is running on.

Hi, you can get it from the emby server dashboard. Instructions are in the link provided previously. Thanks !

• 2 years later...

Hi.  That is an indication that seeking is failing.  Try refreshing metadata on them.  If that doesn't work, try a simple remux on one of them.

DerrickM

I did refresh the all metadata excepting the image, still not working for that show on firetv stick 4k. But the same show on my phone or computer works fine. And other shows on the fire tv seem to work as well. Do you mean to try and have the server convert an episode to see if it works then?

DerrickM

so I downloaded the tool @ebr mentioned but tbh, I'm not sure how to use it to re-package with proper headers. Also, wouldn't it have that issue on every platform not just fire tv?

Hi.  Assuming you installed the GUI version, just drag the video file onto the window and then hit the button to start the remux.