Latest Movies

evanover

evanover

Got on the Emby Roku app today after latest update. Before there were the Media folders, latest media, and continue playing.

Now there is media folders, Latest media for each separate folder. and continue playing. Is there a way to change it back?

Edited by evanover

Hi, open the Emby web app, click your user icon in the top right, then click home screen settings. You can use these settings to customize your home screen as desired. The roku app will respect these settings.

evanover

I have changed some of the settings and it appears its either all latest media listed separately by library or none at all. Before it was all the latest media for all library's so what has to be changed to go back to that setting?

There is currently no way to do that, but there is quite a bit of customization there that hopefully you will enjoy.

evanover

Why was it changed? Before it was easy to see latest added media, now you have to scroll thru all 40 media library's to see what the newest media is. Unless the family knows what was added and to what library, they would never know there was new media out there . The home screen has become a lot more bloated and difficult to to find media.

That's the direction that user feedback has taken us over time. I would guess that most are probably not using 40 libraries.

evanover

Most probably don't have over 5000 movies. So I guess Ill need to figure something else out. Would have been nice to have some input, or warning of changes.

We did actually, using the beta channel of the app. The beta users provided feedback and when it was moved to release we did an announcement on the blog about it.

Happy2Play

Most probably don't have over 5000 movies. So I guess Ill need to figure something else out. Would have been nice to have some input, or warning of changes.

Sorry I do (4 video libraries) and I would never manage 40 libraries .  Interested to know what this library structure would be.

evanover

They are broken down into folders like Disney, Pixar, Land before time, comic book movies, harry potter........etc. so the grand kids can find their movies quickly without having to ask someone to find it for them. If you uncheck the display in home screen box then it doesn't appear in continue playing section either. The old way worked well for 5 years, just got to figure out where to go from here. I did read the blog and must have missed the update to the Roku app.