Feature Wish: List Views

acn128

acn128

Hallo,

I'm using the Android TV app (latest version from Play Store) on a Minix U9-H Android box using a Bluetooth remote control (cursor keys, enter, esc, Play/Pause ...).

I configured a Library for my tvheadend recording files (as someone in the forum has suggested) - and my problem is:

When using the Android TV app, I only get to see thumbnails for my recordings and I have to move over every single item to see the titles of these recordings.

My question is:

Is it possible to add a "list view" option to the Android TV app, kind of like the list view in the web app?

Or better just a list of recording titles and next to it the picture + details only for the active title.

That would be great!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Anna

Hi. So these are just straight videos?  No TV series or season?

acn128

Hi,

sorry for the late reply...

Yes, there are just videos, recorded by tvheadend. And they need to be named like they are (e.g. "Dire Straits_ Alchemy Live.2015-12-31.11-00.mkv") so that tvheadend can keep track of them.

(And not every recording is a TV series or movie!)

Regards,

Anna

Okay, I just asked because TV Series already have a list-style view.

Thanks.

acn128

Yep, that's right. Not the best list view (for me, as there are not many list entries visible on one screen) and only for episodes, but there is one.

I would love to see more "real" list views, also for movies, TV shows etc. instead of the left-to-right oriented cover views.

For me it's way easier to navigate through text lists (as I know the alphabet - but I don't always recall which TV series cover poster (or movie poster) starts with 'O' when searching for "The Orville") and after finding what I was searching I can see the details.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...